World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So , just got in ,,, from a Ireland trip ,,,, day late ,,,,
Can't BELIEVE the ferry sailed last night ,,,,,,,it was ROUGH .....

people throwing up everywhere ,,,, plates , cups smashing ,,, kitchen staff screaming ,,,,
Sleep was a none starter ..........

So 4 of is going ,,,, two cried off last min because the weather ,,,,in hindsight , probably good move ........

So just me and rich ........cost of holiday just went up 100 each ,,, but who cares ,,, it's 4 days bass fishing ........

Place we stayed was best ever house ,,, at 25 euro a night each ,,, it's normally 40 ,,, so got 60 back each ,,,
But ferry day out ,,, another night had to be paid .........

Did any one else fish storm callum yesterday ???

We thought a 60 /70 mph wind be great idea before we left ,,, 5 hours ,,, torrential rain ,, wet to undies.
Fun though ........

Only session we blanked ........

Ended up with 34 fish ,,,, Richard got 20 ,,, me 14 ,,,, no shame , as he brings half a tackle shop ,,,,,,,
He found a unreal metal that caught him 5 fish fast ,,,,, then at the end of the tide ,,, told me he had a spare one ,,,( fair play , I would do the same , ) I used it ,,, second Chuck a bass ........

Lots of fish 2.4 to 3.5 pound ,,, very small for Ireland ,,,, few 4s ,,,,,,

Richard had a lovely 68 cm bass ,,,,,, ( what a fight Rich ,,,)

Ireland came up trumps for me , with a 80 cm ,,,, 11.9 bass ,,,, measured , weighed , on his new digi scales ,,,,
( old spring balance ones waste time IMHO , hey bruvahaze lol ..........

Typical Ireland fish in Oct ,,, broad and fat ,,,,, was well chuffed ,,,, and it makes the trip when one of us has a double ............

So as for easy Ireland ,,,, Bill Portland ,,Knobby Ford , Christy , rock goby , Marc and others ,,,,, spoke to locals , drank with locals that have fished theses grounds for over 35 years , between them ,,, 30 plus trips a year ,,, EACH ,,, 5 of them ,,,,,,

Not ONE DOUBLE BETWEEN THEM ...... best 8.5 pound ........

So as Henry I think has been going years , and I believe with the king of the copper coast ger ,,,, ( article in sea angler ) and lots of other TOP TOP anglers ,,, at PERFECT TIMES AND TIDES ,,, being told when fish are running ,,,, I believe he may have had one ?????? If not I stand corrected ,,,, it wouldn't have been weighed any way ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and his mate Steve a TOP TOP TOP , bloke and bass angler ,,, has for sure had two doubles over probably 12 , ? 15 years or more in Ireland ,,,,,,,are you really sure it's EASY to hit doubles ............

I strongly suggest you pop over and give it a go .......
Be prepared for 3 sessions a day , up to 15/ 17 hours fishing ,,,, 5 hrs sleep ,,, and 300 miles driving to marks in 4 days ,,,, and if you still think it's easy ,,,, fair play ........

Have you ever thought ,,,WE MAKE IT LOOK EASY ,,,,,........lol ...

So Richard has been going since 2014 ,,,,
Me since I was 17years old ,,, every year ,,,, most bait to start with ,,, few doubles ......

I have had just 3 Ireland lure doubles ,,,,, in 15/ 16 years lure fishing it ,,,,,,,
Maybe 90 trips of 4 days ...............

Richard has had 3 doubles in 4 pleasure trips there ,,,, so 4 times 4 day trips ,,,,,,,,,,,UNREAL ......
so to be fair he makes it look easy ,,,, but also to be fair ,,, I take him to the big fish spots ( I was shown )
And share my info ,,, he never had to go in blind ........

But 15 other mates have also been over 15 years with me ,,,,, 4 day trips NO DOUBLES BETWEEN THEM AT ALL .........

So easy ,,,lucky ,,,,flukey ,,, who knows ..........

But I call it RIGHT PLACE RIGHT CONDITIONS RIGHT TIME YEAR ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Which have the jealous Chuck it and chancers would never have a clue about ............

Huge kudos to Richard ,,,, he's running a a double ,,, EVERY pleasure trip ,,, but one .........some fishing .......

In 4 days ,,,, '60 hours ,,, in Ireland , ,I had 14 bass ,,,,,,,, in 60 hours in Dorset ,,, I would WITH EASE

smash out 120 plus bass ..................it's very hard going ............

In fact ,,, we met four blokes from Bristol ,,,, out there ,,,, 4 days fishing ,,, 9 bass between them ,,,,
Best 7 pound ,,, and the poor driver blanked ..................

9 bass BETWEEN THEM ,,,,get your head around that ,,, you tools ,,,, all the areas , we fish ...................

Richard , I'm sure , will stick photos up ,,,,,( not that from some of the green eyed monster texts I got , you deserve to see them lol ) .......

Ill always do Ireland ,,, cause I love the people ,,, the place ,,,, the odd red letter day ,,,,,,,,
More of you on here should do it ...........see how you get on ,,,,,,,,,,,,,pmsfl ,,,,,,,,,,,
I think Richard BLANKED one year ,,,, fished day before bass comp ,,, and two days in it ,,,,,,,,
Still it's easy Ireland lol ............

I think it's easy for those with a bit of know how ............
99.9 percent of you ,,, need not apply ...........lmfao ,,,,,,,,,

Loves yous really ,,,,, enjoy the pics when they go up ,,,,,, except it's 333 just getting another double ..........
It's normal .........

BLOKES WRITE BASS BOOKS NEVER HAVING HAD DOUBLES ..............
Small little 8 pb s ............

Go knock them lol ...

Loved it ,,,, would have done ten days ,,, for that ONE BASS .......

·
Registered
825 Posts
Well done to you both, as you know I am gutted I could not make it.
The fiver is in the post Mark,I did not send it registered post,
Cracking fish Mark It makes it all worth while for that one fish,and a 68 Rich you are always there about's m8 well done.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Great report and I cannot believe the ferry was running during this horrendous storm. However, I am not sure that the Ireland tourist marketing board will be looking to employ you, the mantra is the fishing is easy and doubles are lining up to be caught every session!! ;)

Out of curiosity what was the metal please that worked so well?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Nice one Mark another cracking fish for your efforts over there , can't wait for the pics ...UK double next to win our little bet lol ?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Great stuff and a lovely fish / fishing too!

Yarp, I fished yesterday.. wind battered I managed 3 hits to top waters, one stuck, while nothing on shallows!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Nice one Mark that's a giant of a Bass 80cm Bass are a mind blowing thing to look at congrats. and a 68cm is a cracking Bass in anyone's book. if the effort is put in you will get what your after.

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice one Mark that's a giant of a Bass 80cm Bass are a mind blowing thing to look at congrats. and a 68cm is a cracking Bass in anyone's book. if the effort is put in you will get what your after.

Thanks zarok ,,,,,
I'm glad you posted being in Ireland ,,, and your catches ,,, and threads , and pictures are epic imho .....
Have you had doubles boss , and do you find them easy to come by ,,,,

Cheers
Mark

1 - 20 of 80 Posts