World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi well thats me booked up for northern ireland, on the 14th april for a days fishing hope it goes well going to try port ruch harbour and the downhill beach see what happens:)

·
Banned
400 Posts
im going over on the weekend after that, to belfast and nothwards for a few days. let me know how you got on and where you went.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers guys well cris i am going to downhill beach and then over to portrush to fish the blue pool over there and also visit some relations over there
hi rob hows u m8 a the shannon is good fishing i use to do alot of fresh water fishing yrs ago and fished in ireland alot but good luck to you all on the fishing when u get there

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
it will be a bit early for the beaches here at that time of year ,better sticking to the rock marks around portrush and portstewart.blue pool and ramore head later can be fished during daylight as can the rocks at portstewert but the blue pool is better fished at night from low water up.you can get bait in portrush as there are two tackle shops there.DONT GO onto ramore head if there is a big swell as it can be very dangerous.cheers john

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi beachcaster thanks for the info were only coming for the day should get there about 9am and will be returning about 7pm but just 1 question i have been to the pier at port rush before but were is this blue pool any pic on it and is there a pier at port stewart

·
Banned
400 Posts
how about we organise a trip to ireland? seems a fair few people want to go and it might save on travel if we all went together.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
id be up for an ireland trip , infact we (the jedi's) looked into it earlier in the year but it was so expensive that we are now thinking of going back to norway as it cost around the same .

but yea the more the merrier , im into it and im sure that some of my fishing buddies would be too.

you should start a seperate post regarding this .

al

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
the blue pool ,go up the main street in portrush after you pass the amusements on the left about another 50 yards turn left there will be a church set back of the road on your left,go to the bottom of the street and turn left again 20 yards on the right is the blue pool .park there and there willl be a big house beside the sea the rocks at the back of it and to your left are all part of the blue pool.portstewart has a small harbour but its the rocks behind the nunery i am talking about fairly deep water close in.go through portstewart as if heading to coleraine ,you will come along the sea front to your right you will see the nunnery as you come to the end of the prom going up a small hill,you will be on a small roundabout turn right go out that road about 200 yards there is a lay by park there go down the steps and follow the path to the rocks behind the nunnery,it can be very snaggy in places but most of it is clean sand and deep water.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
great info beachcaster what kind of fish will i find here at the blue pool

1 - 11 of 11 Posts