World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody is interested to see Graham, Padge and the Jersey lads from a couple of weeks ago over in south east Ireland, I have created an online photo gallery.

You can access it from this post here on my blog :

http://henry-gilbey.blogspot.com/2008/07/recent-irish-bass-trip-photos-now.html

Mick - please could you show this to Trevor when he drops into the shop.

Pat - please could you let Cian know about this.

Please note that Graham's hair colour is now very close to matching his gold Van Staal spinning reel !! (sorry mate).

If you guys on the trip want any of these for printing, give me the image codes and I will get them to you - I have hundreds more photos here, this online photo gallery is only a selection.

Thanks to all of you for being so good with me stuffing cameras in your faces while you were trying to fish. What a trip.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Some excellent photos Henry, top job indeed :thumbs:

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
61,488 Posts
Have just looked at the photos and really enjoyed them,What a wonderful location.
Am interested in the use of the Boga Grip type thing.Could be very usefull when dealing with fish and more importantly for the wellbeing of our fish etc.
A few years ago I considered investing in the Boga Grip but it seemed very expensive for what it was and a bit crude.
Berkley seem to be making some much better equipment these days"quality" in comparison to a few years ago.

Nick.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Henry,,
some super pics there of the recent trip,,
my personal fav is the picture of pat when we went on the night trip ,,the reflection of the bass in the clear water is so cool,
the other picture i like is the one of mic from jersey stood on the table rocks at sandeel bay the clarity is superb ,,,,
so come on guys pic the best pic and give a reason and win a plug:headhurt::headhurt::headhurt:
well done again Henry

gee

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I like the one of Trevor as he's admiring a decent bass he's just landed on the shingle. There's nothing quite like seeing your glistening fish out of it's environment for the first time, still untouched, fins bristling, and somehow beaching a fish and seeing it lying there is better than netting it. The pic seems to capture the feeling of capturing a beautiful wild fish in an equally beautiful and wild environment. One of many good pics tho..

·
Banned
44,186 Posts
Some fabulous pics there. My favourite would have to be D46831, the clarity of the water in the foreground, with the angler at work on the rocks and the stunning blue sky behind. That's what fishing is all about.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Supper photos. By the look of some of them I was fishing the same ground the other week :whistling and blanked:wallbash:

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
beaut pics :) & some cracking fish amongst the ugly mugs you have to photograph lol

very nice indeed

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
WOW!!!! What pictures!!! They capture the four days we had perfectly. My favourite must be of Graham (Goldie) laughing his socks off, as it says it all. We had such a good time, the crack was fierce and the tactics were shared, we all went away having learnt something, and thats what its all about at the end of the day. Good guys, good fishing, good times.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would like to propose a suggestion that Mr. Fish be thrown off this forum for selling bassing gear that is impossible to resist buying !! We are all as bad as each other when it comes to self-control.

I have got red rods, Japanese plugs and monster bass on the brain, and they won't go away................

Get rid of him, his stuff is too nice. We need floppy sticks, rusty old deep diving lures and ropey mono lines.

Glad you like the photos though !! I am still buzzing from that trip, finding it hard to come back down to reality. Going to start looking for a house tonight.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Supper photos. By the look of some of them I was fishing the same ground the other week :whistling and blanked:wallbash:
I blank on some of those marks too..

Reason I havn't had enough time yet to suss out the correct time and conditions to fish the marks i.e. when the bass will be there and feeding.

Plus the fact of the matter is im only getting time this year to really get into the plugging side of the addiction :)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Well done:clap3: Some great pictures there, sounds like you all had a great time. Your fishing programmes are the best on the box by far. Keep up the good work guys. Happy house hunting Henry.

Steven

1 - 20 of 26 Posts