World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just woundering if anyone is intersted in fresh irish pealer or would want to swap for blacks or snake whites

S

·
0 Posts
Come on lads be serious and offer to swap bait is on the table, btw Irish Peelers are massive compared to our over here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ive got my own traps and get a good supply of crab of all sizes and find some crabs can be to big the massive ones are only good on 4/0 plus hooks ya better off using medium size ones and use 1 and a half or 2 crabs as a sausage

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
where abouts in wales are you? i'm up bangor way, i could probably get you some white rag? but they won't be snakes, just small to medium ones. how many crabs have you got? Are they alive or frozen?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i live in holyhead but it aint me after the snakes allthough whites would be nice like thats the only bait we struggle to get in holyhead well there here just not of any size get every ther bait in large numbers hows it fishin your way we got a club comp in pwllfanogl in 3 weeks its either fish that one or the open in pwllheli which i came 9th in last yrif ive got live eel it pwllheli :D

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
i usually get the white reag when i'm after blow lug there aren't huge numbers but i reckon i could collect enough if i went for it, they are mostly kind of small though. I think almost everywhere i've ever dug lug there have been white's about.
On thing though is that they are slow growing and easily depleated, the large ones are about twelve years old.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah my fishing mate told me that snakes are about 12 yrs old they had a good hit of snakes here bout 7yrs ago but wiped them out in no time

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
thats why i only take a small number normally, just to tip baits, the ones i use are normally only about 10cm long.
The ones i dig in Ireland are twice that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts