World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Will be sticking my nose out of Pompey harbour about 8ish, and see what is there to greet me.

Hopefully find somewhere to drop the pick out of the forecast wind.

However the forecast has been so so wrong all week, one can but live in hope they have it wrong again.

Dave

·
Registered
12,361 Posts
XC giving breezy Easterlies on Sat, but lighter Northerlies on Sun, so may look to do a few hours inshore where it should be fairly quiet apart from the screaming spring tide.

Steveh24

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
quickly b4 im out the door,met office have changed their inshore forecast again this morning with no wind warnings..looks like its game on the whole weekend..happy fishing you guys....:yeah:

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Inshore marks Solent area will be very weedy, specially with a big tide. Time to fix the kichen taps for me, brownie points in the bank and cod here I come next weekend.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
First thing this morning it was flat as a millpond.
Headed out towards Cuba, and got as far as the Number 7 anchorage.
The swell whilst easily fishable was starting to get rather large, dropped the baits over and had a double figure ray within 5 minutes.. However the swell was getting even bigger so pulled the anchor and headed inshore a bit.
Got to Culver where we dropped anchor and after an hour of not even so much as a rattle decided another move was the order of the day, headed in a bit closer as the wind was picking up a bit.. Not anywhere near unfiahable, but its meant to be fun and not an endurance test.. Gave it another hour, absolutely zero, so packed up and headed back.
Tomorrow will be doubtless trying again.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
il be out tomorrow, nab area. winds not looking to bad at the moment.

·
Registered
12,361 Posts
il be out tomorrow, nab area. winds not looking to bad at the moment.
Hi Hugh

I will be out tomorrow as well, but won't the tide be a tad large to fish the Nab, or do you use the anchor as a fishing weight.

What boat will you be on, I will shout you on the VHF

I will probably fish the drop-off somewhere.

Steve

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Hi Hugh

I will be out tomorrow as well, but won't the tide be a tad large to fish the Nab, or do you use the anchor as a fishing weight.

What boat will you be on, I will shout you on the VHF

I will probably fish the drop-off somewhere.

Steve
hi steve probably fish east of the nab till slack then come inshore abit. on my mate boat dreamcatcher, be on the phone all day.

good luck

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
spent all day just off st helens bouy..had non stop bites all day..3 of the smallest smoothhounds ever,2 thornbacks,biggest about 3lb,2lb bass and a million and 1 doggies..i hate the g i t s

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.