World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i am on holiday in ilfracombe at the end of october. is there any good marks to fish, and what bait and tides are the best. also what could i expect to catch.. thank you :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
No one else seems to want to tell you or doesn't know but ilfracombe is an excellent place to fish at that time of year on a very small tide for the conger, but beware some of the marks are very, very dangerous. Especially at Capstone, last year me and a friend fished there I had lost one huge conger and that was it for the night, the tide was just turning and I warned my mate that we would have to leave (tide was about to turn against the wind) he is a hardend seaman and stood at the edge and pronounced that it looked like we would be "fine for a while yet", as the sea was 30 ft below our position then and I'll always remember this suddenly he was up to his knees in water :eek: , turned to me and said yep I think we're going!

Lesson learnt when you are engrossed and enjoying the fishing, and you think its getting bad, it's probably already gone past the point of being sensible!

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) cheers garry, thanks for the advice. can you tell me please, whats the best tides to fish and what the ground is like. is there any cod etc to be caught and what baits please. thanks again. matt :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts