World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Thinking about fishing somewhere along Chesil on Friday night, but concerned the school hols will mean it's rammed everywhere. Anyone been down there lately and can comment? We'll be coming down from Bath so don't fancy the 2hr drive if we're greeted by a packed beach when we get there.

Unfortunately high tide will be around 8pm on Friday so we'd be fishing through a low tide if we go overnight.

Cheers,

Mark.

·
Registered
28 Posts
no worries there mate, its 18 miles long im sure youll find enough room to fish! choose a location and go for it! ferry bridge is useually good this time of year! but this year has been awful. so good luck mate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
you will have no problems mate, i was just down there saturday (from bath area aswell).

parked up by the cottages, and promptly explained to the lady leaning out of her window that i was only unloading and would be gone in 5 mins.:happy:

there was the usual army of mackie bashers but they soon left, leaving plenty of space. set up for a bit of bashing myself and soon had enough fresh mack for bait and friends freezers (about 2 dozen).

fished the usual 2 rods, 1 in close, long pennel pulley for bass. which did show so was well chuffed about that. 2nd rod was at range and it seemed that rag and squid were doing the trick for for plenty of pout, but oddly no doggies all night.

best of luck, and hope this has helped.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks fellas, have had some productive nights myself down there earlier this year, just wanted to check it wasn't likely to be heaving with holidaymakers. Am targeting the smoothounds....

Cheers again,

Mark.

·
Registered
285 Posts
portland end is fine at mo, been rough for a few weeks so noone around, if the weather changes you will get a fair few in the cove etc but adelaide (ferry bridge) would be fine, you can always walk up the beach if it isnt anyway.

and chesil sometimes fishes better on a low tide, some of the biggest bass i know have been caught bang on low tide... and with it being so rough lately i wouldnt put it past a nice size one swimmin through. The smoothounds are still around down this way to, but not as much as they have been

1 - 5 of 5 Posts