World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a '91 DT55 with very few hours and also purchased a 0-30 psi water pressure gauge and would like to install. I was contemplating installing it with a "T" in the tell-tale hose but when inspecting the engine I see a small pipe plug (~1/4") on the top of the cylinder head just to the right of the thermostat cover. Would this be where an adapter could be threaded in for the gauge hose to connect? I have seen installation kits for the newer DF models but nothing is listed any longer for a DT. I have Googled and also looked in my service manual but cannot find it referenced anywhere. You can see it in the manual drawings.

Many thanks,
Terk91

Attachments

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
im having a shot in the dark here but i think the gauge your on about is a water temp & not a pressure gauge the pipe your on about could be the water bypass so that water can curculate before the thurmustate opens best bet would be to leave well alone if its not broke Dont try and fix it you might just F--k it tightlines Alain

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
I wouldn't think about doing it. IF there's a lot of corrosion in the threads when you get it out, you may not be able to replace it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts