World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...the obvious answer is yes i guess. but thought i'd ask!
not fished there since i was wee, but i have rare, long, childless (i usually take my 7 year old, who copes for 6 or 7 hours, but that's his limit so far), session planned for this sunday, somewhere between london and gt yarmouth!

thought i'd try there but as i haven't fished it for so long i forget if you can fish it up and down (and possible up and down again :whistling). are there preferred bits of the beach? is there a local bait shop?
if anyone has any answers or advice be much appreciated!
cheers
james

·
Registered
110 Posts
One of the most consistant places around here at the moment is Aldeburgh, that tends to be throwing up the most fish. Theres plently of bait shops round here, about 3 in ipswich, or stuart clay traps in Melton.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm looking at a session for Monday with my daughter, (it's half term and I've taken the week off too), anywhere from NN Shingle down to Essex. Looking at the wind forecast, NN would be good, but don't really fancy a head on blast, so now looking at Thorpeness for a bit of shelter.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I'm looking at a session for Monday with my daughter, (it's half term and I've taken the week off too), anywhere from NN Shingle down to Essex. Looking at the wind forecast, NN would be good, but don't really fancy a head on blast, so now looking at Thorpeness for a bit of shelter.
depends on wind direction,(check out wind guru)....nn shingle for bass,dabs and whiting..same further around on the sandy shelving beaches.... further south for a chance of a few codling .. thorpeness is pleasant as is the more productive aldeburgh esp as the months move on .....sussex is the best place to be for codling at the moment..some nice bags here and there ...kent will come on anytime now...i dont fish essex so i cant comment... tite lines foxy52

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
According to the local 5 day forecast is gong to be wet with 25mph sw winds on sunday, I'm hoping to give the evening tide a bash at Hopton, wind will be behind you and as your low down tucked under and behind the cliffs the wind shouldn't be a problem, just the rain, dare say the forecast will change by then, where ever you decide to fish, good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi buddy there is a tackle shop in Saxmundum that is closer to Aldeburgh than any other I know of. It's behind the market. I don't know if I would be breaking the rules giving the name and address etc. if you want them with directions then reply.:idea:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes you can go past the gate. It's the way it has always been, keys are held by club members to bring vehicles through, but anyone can walk through. It's quite a way to get past the rocks and onto the beach if you have lots to carry and no buggy, and best to avoid the first 300mtrs of snags past the rocks!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey Les dawson re the gate, apparently anyone can walk past the gate at the low water mark (it's a lot easier too if you time it right), but the path at the top is supposedly for National Trust and ONAC use only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Yes you can go past the gate. It's the way it has always been, keys are held by club members to bring vehicles through, but anyone can walk through. It's quite a way to get past the rocks and onto the beach if you have lots to carry and no buggy, and best to avoid the first 300mtrs of snags past the rocks!
..i would concur..approx 1000 metre walk will put u in a good spot.. its a struggle with a lot of gear.. as for walking the low tideline if u can ??!! its all about timing.. i walk along the top and then some of the onac guys come past so quickly in 4x4,s chucking up everything in their paths !!!!! dust and stones all over the shop.. begs the question why angler/walkers should take more care and walk the nearest point to the waters edge (thats not easy in places either).. anglers lines etc etc )when those lucky enough to be members ( i applied more than once without so much the courtesy of a reply) steam along and surely do damage root and plant to the flora and fauna...??!!..ill never be welcome now but !!!.. thats how i see it... fyi i look where i am walking so as not to tread on anything i shouldnt !!!...foxy52

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
..i would concur..approx 1000 metre walk will put u in a good spot.. its a struggle with a lot of gear.. as for walking the low tideline if u can ??!! its all about timing.. i walk along the top and then some of the onac guys come past so quickly in 4x4,s chucking up everything in their paths !!!!! dust and stones all over the shop.. begs the question why angler/walkers should take more care and walk the nearest point to the waters edge (thats not easy in places either).. anglers lines etc etc )when those lucky enough to be members ( i applied more than once without so much the courtesy of a reply) steam along and surely do damage root and plant to the flora and fauna...??!!..ill never be welcome now but !!!.. thats how i see it... fyi i look where i am walking so as not to tread on anything i shouldnt !!!...foxy52
Usually with you 100% Foxy but I'll have to say in defence of the majority of ONAC'ers, myself not being one but having been down there in a 4x4 a few times.
You've got to keep your foot down otherwise you get stuck good and proper. Can't see the problem myself as along as they stick to the ruts, if they do 't I'm sure they get stuck even quicker. Can't see how any real damage is done?
Personally I'd much rather walk the LW line if it's that packed hard sand than the track...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts