World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until I took up sea fishing I thought it was fairly common to catch fish from the shore.
Now nearly every mark I fish seems to be empty.
Is this a bad summer for shore marks?

G

·
Jack'N'proud said:
Until I took up sea fishing I thought it was fairly common to catch fish from the shore.
Now nearly every mark I fish seems to be empty.
Is this a bad summer for shore marks?
YES

Not the best 6 or so months!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Best fishing season in port talbot is from July 1st to july 31st and that is only if the mackeral are running:D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
my m8 stays in barry and the only place he fishes at this time of the year is barry docks where he catches mullet , bass, pouting ,and small pollock :)

G

·
marcus1975 said:
my m8 stays in barry and the only place he fishes at this time of the year is barry docks where he catches mullet , bass, pouting ,and small pollock :)
I have some good fun with light gear down there, a couple of years ag I saw someone catch a conger in excess of 25lb from there on 8lb line, took him over 35 minutes to land!

I have seen big shoals of big mullet down there as well! I have seen caught mullet over 7lb in weight, I have caught pollack over 2lb, bass over 5lb, seen a 6lb thornback ray caught in a landing net that was swimming on the surface.

I have also had some fun with the whiting on the float down there, when you get a 2lb whiting on the float, it is great fun!

·
Registered
31 Posts
that was me who caught the 25LB conger by the showhouse i gave it away to another angler a chinese man what a night so how is barry docks fishing at the moment i havent benn down there for about a month

G

·
micky104 said:
that was me who caught the 25LB conger by the showhouse i gave it away to another angler a chinese man what a night so how is barry docks fishing at the moment i havent benn down there for about a month
Small world, after you gave him the conger we didnt see him for a few weeks.
He kept on going up to his car with the conger in a black bag saying, "me have sex tonight"

If I remember, you also caught a dogfish there as well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts