World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,

most pieces of info iv read on muscles say that it is better to freeze them on the hook and to cast them out still frozen. :thumbs:

Wouldnt i be better off collecting a load and then pouring some boiling water on them on the beach and hooking them straight on. its a bait that id like to use more if i can get fish to take them. :huh:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Afternoon all,

most pieces of info iv read on muscles say that it is better to freeze them on the hook and to cast them out still frozen. :thumbs:

Wouldnt i be better off collecting a load and then pouring some boiling water on them on the beach and hooking them straight on. its a bait that id like to use more if i can get fish to take them. :huh:

Take a look at the sticky at the top of the baits section m8 :thumbs:
Pre-tie yr snoods, bang em on the hook, whip 'em on,then freeze 'em on there.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Afternoon all,

When I've used them Iv'e just stuck them in the freezer for a few hours ,defrosted them and then they open up, scoop out the muscle, thread on to bait needle whip elastic round and round in a criss cross pattern, then slide the bait off the needle. You should have a nice muscle sausage that you can just cut bait size chunks off.:thumbs:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I've used them Iv'e just stuck them in the freezer for a few hours ,defrosted them and then they open up, scoop out the muscle, thread on to bait needle whip elastic round and round in a criss cross pattern, then slide the bait off the needle. You should have a nice muscle sausage that you can just cut bait size chunks off.:thumbs:
Cheers lads im hoping to miss the freezer altogether just read the baits section above and some good tips on keeping them alive.
:fishing1:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dont pour any hot water on them at all mate!!!!..This part cooks 'em. Open them up with a knife and use them live and fresh. Also do the same and freeze them in small sealable bag with a little sea water.....top bait.

Cheers

Tony

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just open them up, scoop them out, stick 4 or 5 of 'em on the hook and bait elastic them on. They stay on during casting and they're as fresh as can be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts