World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I've a couple of cheap beachcasters that have served me well, but are very soft. I'm trying to improve my OTG casting, and because of a bad right hip probably won't ever get to pendulum, but in a field I can get around 150m.

I've also just got into multipliers again (after a 35 year pause!), like my mag elite (only 2 casts so far). I reckon I'll continue fishing FS as well though.

I fish clean beaches and estuaries, prefer 3 - 5 oz, ideally would like a rod that handles both FS & multi, also would like the reel position up or down (is that possible?), is light, has a sensitive tip, and is able to cast 200 metres without feeling like a pole. Oh yeah, and I want to buy it new or 2nd hand for no more than a ton!

Is there such a rod:secret:

Cheers!

Neil

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
my abu conolon xodus would prob fit that bill, fairly cheap at the mo on one of the internet sites,

sits still in all but the strongest wind and tide, nice bite indication, not too heavy, and compresses nicely without having to use bionic arms,

i bought mine used for £40, i've heard of them selling at the mo for £89.99 brand new though (this is a link to another forum, same subject... http://www.beachandboat.co.uk/index.cgi?action=display&board=reviews&thread=1176811923&page=1 )

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my abu conolon xodus would prob fit that bill, fairly cheap at the mo on one of the nternet sites,

sits still in all but the strongest wind and tide, nice bite indication, not too heavy, and compresses nicely without having to use bionic arms,
Cheers Plums,

I'll check the Xodus out - is it set up for FS, multi or both?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my abu conolon xodus would prob fit that bill, fairly cheap at the mo on one of the internet sites,

i bought mine used for £40, i've heard of them selling at the mo for £89.99 brand new though (this is a link to another forum, same subject... http://www.beachandboat.co.uk/index.cgi?action=display&board=reviews&thread=1176811923&page=1 )
Hi Plums,

checked fleabay - no Xodus at the mo, but Suveran comes up a few times. These sound good too, and as you have one wondered what you thought. Is the SX the same as the RX, just 9" shorter?

Cheers again,

Neil

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
i have the suveran xp match, so not sure on the other models i'm afraid,

apparently it's on offer at spottydogtackle, guy on the other forum just bought 2, there was two on ebay last week aswell, keep an eye out maybe !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts