World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Fairplay Richie that must have took some doing, I take my hat off to you both, and knowing how quickly sea conditions can change in Ogmore especially. Some lovely photos too. Fished Ogmore most of my life and always wondered what it would be like to fish on tusker, now I know, as bad as Ogmore lol. Correct me if I'm wrong but most of the engine parts must belong to the samtampa. I would have thought there's more than one shipwreck there though. All the best, Chris.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Fairplay Richie that must have took some doing, I take my hat off to you both, and knowing how quickly sea conditions can change in Ogmore especially. Some lovely photos too. Fished Ogmore most of my life and always wondered what it would be like to fish on tusker, now I know, as bad as Ogmore lol. Correct me if I'm wrong but most of the engine parts must belong to the samtampa. I would have thought there's more than one shipwreck there though. All the best, Chris.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks lads...and thanks for the pictures richy, I was fishing ogmore today and watching it uncovering and wondering what the fishing would be like there...
Awesome pictures I can relate to them a bit more now..

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
I tried in vain to find what ships had actually grounded on tusker. I came across a ship with a story which beggars belief. And i quote.
In 1769 a vessel named la concorde got into trouble off aberthaw. With a cargo of rum and brandy! It is said that before officials had found her. some 2000 men were attacking the hull with hatchets. Trying to save the cargo? And it is said that 35 men died of excessive drinking and were buried there.
Keith

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.