World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went down to Bute on Thursday night and dug the lug at the usual spot. Glad to see that despite the reports of dead worms being washed up due to the algae that there were loads still to be had.

Up early on Friday and cycled out to the new mark I wanted to try for a flattie. I've tried 3 or 4 beaches already around Bute and not even had a sniff. So, after a tip-off from shadrapper I decided to have one more go at getting myself a Bute flattie. I arrived at the mark at around 10am and got the worms wet whilst watching yachts sail past and seals swim up wondering what that weird thing on the beach was throwing into the water.

Eventually, around an hour and a half later, I got some wee taps on the rod, just as I was beginning to think that this was to be another flattie-free sesh. I reeled in frantically to clear the weed and wasn't entirely sure there was something on but then a shape flapped on the surface and this beauty slid onto the beach.

It was just over and pound and a half. First flounder for me and a Bute flattie at last!

On Saturday I went out on a mate's boat for an hour or two and had two doggies and the obligatory mackies. Good fun.

I saw plenty of mullet in the marinas but didn't get the chance to have a crack at them (family time). Good wee weekend, though.

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
as i said before mate well done on your flattie:yeah:..............pity you didnt give those mullet a try tho:unsure:

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As Arnie once said, I'll be back...

·
Registered
414 Posts
well done mark.

i know another mark that will defo throw up more than 1 ****ey vole:secret::yeah::yeah:

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm all ears and lugs.

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
well done mark.

i know another mark that will defo throw up more than 1 ****ey vole:secret::yeah::yeah:

dont tell him his heads big enough :unsure:...................lol

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
well done on your first flattie mate.

i never took ma rod to newcastle lol, still suffering lol:yucky:

oh and good to see you casting with the multiplier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts