World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys going away fishing on isle of gigha next week and looking for some tips as new to sea fishing (beach or boat), got myself a wee sea kayak and dont really know rigs, baits or anything really. Also thinking about a bit of beach fishing and i know there complicated rigs for begginers. any help will be greatly appreciated and i will also update with spieces, size, where and bait stuff like that thanks.

andy:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
take care with the weather and tides when out there in a kayak mate.im sure some of the kayak lads will be along to help with rigs etc.but i would take some shads and jelly worms for the pollack,saves you worrying about bait all the time though if you take some mackerel lures /feathers they will provide some decent fresh bait.
cheers rab

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man, will watch out for swells. thought about mackie's but was thinking a bit bigger fish dont really know whats out that way but its a week of finger crossing. thanks for the reply

·
Registered
14 Posts
Alright mate, ive fished out there quite a few times, there is a peninsula at the north west end of the island called eileen garbh, its right beside the twin beaches. I've had really good pollock and coalfish from here just spinning a dexters wedge. Also on the west side of the island at a place called port ann there is a wreck of a ship called the Kartli, its only 20 - 30 metres from the shore, you can see the chimneys sticking out the water at any tide. I've had really good wrasse from here ledgering worm baits but dare say there is a lot more species round that wreck. Good luck anyway its a lovely wee island

1 - 4 of 4 Posts