World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off to Isle of Grain Monday and just wondered if anyone free to join me and Monkfish on Port Victoria Road? Be there about 11:30 till 4pm, Hopefully catch some Bass as heard from a a colleague who went last week that he caught 6 but not massive. Just want a good fewhours out.

·
Registered
209 Posts
hi mate have u ever thought about going the other way towards the yantlet range along the sandy beach? theres been a few nice bass caught in the last week or so up to 6lb and u aint got the nuisance of the crabs attacking the bait. hope this helps?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi mate have u ever thought about going the other way towards the yantlet range along the sandy beach? theres been a few nice bass caught in the last week or so up to 6lb and u aint got the nuisance of the crabs attacking the bait. hope this helps?
Not quite sure where this mark is you mention, I normally go at the end of Port Victoria road and walk across the empty car park and fish by the wall, near the fort etc. If I wanted to go elsewhere, how far would I need to walk?
Suppose I could follow the path but which way, towards the Church or the other way towards Rochester?
Any help appreciated.:mellow:

·
Registered
209 Posts
when u come into grain go left at the fire station and drive down past the co-op keep driving past the church till u come to the carpark on the left. walk along the grass until u come to the big clay spoil bank from the old pit. walk along this and after a min or so you will see the shingle beach below, fish anywhere along this before you get to the edge of the army range. you should get bass eels and flounder its clear ground without a large crab population and it shud fish well tomorrow on the big tides

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when u come into grain go left at the fire station and drive down past the co-op keep driving past the church till u come to the carpark on the left. walk along the grass until u come to the big clay spoil bank from the old pit. walk along this and after a min or so you will see the shingle beach below, fish anywhere along this before you get to the edge of the army range. you should get bass eels and flounder its clear ground without a large crab population and it shud fish well tomorrow on the big tides
Ok, I know exactly where you mean, thanks. Will give it ago tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
Just basically walk down from the car park and turn left and follow the path till you hit the shingle. Will post report tomorrow night as gonna fish IOG tomorrow day time and then go Warden Bay/Point tomorrow night and fish till early hours as on nights this week, so will let everyone know how it goes.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fished the shingle beach at Grain from 11:30-15:30, and NOTHING.!
Wind was to our backs and pretty calm sea.
Monkfish caught a small schoolie Bass but was foul hooked so didnt count.
Oh well, 4 rods out by 4 different people but nothing at all.
Gonna shoot down to Laser Quay tonight and see what happens, but not gonna hold my breath.:sad:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Un-lucky, I blanked on Saturday so I guess it wasn't the way I was fishing more a case of the fish aren't there at the moment. Strange as Grain has been fishing well for the last months or so.

Lee

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.