World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys im coming to the isle of mull starting the 7th of april. Could any of you guys tell me if its worth bringing a rod or 2 and what im likely to get. Thanks

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya,

What part of the Island are you going to ?
hello mate im coming to Salen for a weeks holiday with the girlfriend as we both like a spot of fishing i was wondering if it was worth bringing some heavy gear or light spinning gear for a fish or 2. Appreciate any help or advice you could share with me. Thanks

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
hi robert , dont know an awfull lot about mull , but there are afew marks on the sound ,the ferry terminal at craignure ,as some of the locals they may put you onto marks around here , round about duart castle has some cracking pollock an coalie marks to spinning gear , dont know personally of any marks on the west coast of mull but have heard of some really great sport , davy holt is prob your best bet for info , he may have heard of a mark or two , sorry i could,nt have been more help , but finding a good mark is just as much fun as catching good fish !!:clap3: ..tight lines !!:notworthy

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks very much for the help you have given me, can anybody tell me is it worth bringing any heavy beachcaster gear or is it just spinning at the moment. thanks

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
hi robert, if your coming over to mull on the 7th where abouts are you travelling from ?, there is a few guys meeting up at lochaline , which is a ferry terminal to mull ! might be worth your while dropping in to introduce yourself!!:clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
hello mate im coming to Salen for a weeks holiday with the girlfriend as we both like a spot of fishing i was wondering if it was worth bringing some heavy gear or light spinning gear for a fish or 2. Appreciate any help or advice you could share with me. Thanks
is there a salen on mull??

the salen i know is on the mainland on the shores of loch sunart.....

plenty doggies from the shore in the loch, it's a shadow of its former self, both from the boat and shore due to longliners killing all the spurs, but you should find a bit of sport.

les

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

plenty doggies from the shore in the loch, it's a shadow of its former self, both from the boat and shore due to longliners killing all the spurs, but you should find a bit of sport.

les
looking at the map ive got mate theres a salen on the main land and 1 on the island. :)

·
Registered
477 Posts

les
Aye Les Salen is about half way between Fishnish and Tobermory, just about where the Green Isles are :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
please share some of your fishing knowledge from there mate. :)
Hi Robert

I'm afraid that my knowledge of fishing around Salen on Mull is nil.

If you fancy the short crossing from Fishnish to Lochaline I'll certainly point you in the right direction. As someone said earlier there's going to a lot of us getting together here at the weekend, come across and say hello.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got your pm davey thanks, thanks for all the other pm's aswell guys its much appreciated, i'll let you all know how it goes :) .

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well guys it didnt go exactly to plan on the fishing side, i tried baits at long range, firetails at long range and short range and also some spinners but nothing fancied any of them, i blanked not even a bite. I was talking to some locals who said i was to early, another couple of months and the fish will be there. Good to meet you nick and thanks for all the help i recieved off you guys. Im hoping the skate put in a better performance in may.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi Rob, sorry to hear that you didn't manage to get your string pulled, but it has to be said the last week or so has been particularly poor :( There was a lot of blanking going on over here too :)

Most of the locals say there's no fish at this time of year, and to be fair it isn't as good as later in the year. However the reason that locals don't catch anything until later in the year is because mostly they don't start fishing 'til later in the year :D

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya,

It certainly fished a bit better today than it did all last weekend, we had around 18 pollack to 6lb 4oz and 5 coalies to 1lb 4oz all on jelly worms while out for a play about in the boat :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts