World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just recenttly moved down to sheppey from the river mudway and i am a 2 minute walk from warden bay and a 5 min walk from leysdown.

i was woundering if someone could feed me some information about the area as i do plan to fish everry chance i get..lol...i tried on saturday just left of leysdown where the big pipe is but only managed to catch one small flounder...

what sort of sspecies are about this time of year??baits???and more important....am i fishing in the right place.
i also had a walk round to warden point but it seems to just be all clay??

can i please have as much info as possible so i can get cracking

cheers james

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello lil james.
The island's not really known for it's 'great fishing',so this time of year you might struggle for as much as you have already caught ! I'm not an expert on the island but your best bet is in a month or so you need to head off to Eastchurch for the Hound's and Thornies.
Regards,
Andy.

·
Registered
850 Posts
hi james was you walking down warden late sunday afternoon? i will be fishing tommorow afternoon either warden or leysdown, your welcome to join us if you fancy it?

lee

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi james was you walking down warden late sunday afternoon? i will be fishing tommorow afternoon either warden or leysdown, your welcome to join us if you fancy it?

lee
yes that must have been me . blue box and i max rod bag? wat time u fishing tomoz, coz im actually at work till 5.30 and dont get home till about 8...just till next thursday though:yeah:
if its after 8 ill pop down see how u getting on

·
Registered
850 Posts
the person i spoke to wasnt fishing, he was walking uner the cliff with 2 lads. il be fishing till 8:30/9:00 mate. il be next to a white transit van.

lee

·
Registered
155 Posts
at the moment you could be catching thornback, or early bass. Dont worry about it all being mud at warden bay, but be careful of the tides. I caught a very nice scate there last year.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the person i spoke to wasnt fishing, he was walking uner the cliff with 2 lads. il be fishing till 8:30/9:00 mate. il be next to a white transit van.

lee
ahh yes you was on the beach i was with 2 friends having a look about.

flyingdutchman, do u mean that the tide can come right to the cliff or what?? also where abouts can i try for some thornies?? along by the cliffs???what rigs and bait??

·
Registered
155 Posts
Where the beach road veers to the left and you have the old ramp down onto the beach is where I had mine. Have a look at where the debris is washed up, that will give you a good idea if the tide will cut you off. For thornies, try ragworm, sandeel, peelercrab herring or squid. I'm sure there are others. Good luck.

·
Registered
521 Posts
James,
How did you do Sat night. Left a little early due to having to get up to do a boot fair Sunday.
I was next to you on the right with the missus in the car.

going back to the island tomorrow, but most likely to be under the cliffs this time.

Col.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
James,
How did you do Sat night. Left a little early due to having to get up to do a boot fair Sunday.
I was next to you on the right with the missus in the car.

going back to the island tomorrow, but most likely to be under the cliffs this time.

Col.
nothing aafter that m8 mite try again on friday night see what that produces.

james

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
I heard Leysdown is fishing well for Thornies at the moment, probably gonna have a couple of hours there this evening

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
I fished Leysdown a couple of hours each side of HW last evening but only an eel and a couple of schoolies,anyone had more luck recently?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts