World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a lot of post recently about fishing on the Isle of Skye which I have got to say looks a fantastic place. :fishing1:

I have a week off work to do some fishing and really fancy a trip up to Skye, could anyone recommend a couple of good rock marks where I can fish for Pollack and Wrasse, deepwater at my feet that kind of place and also somewhere to pitch my tent? Will I need midge spray?

Please let me know by Pm if you don't wish to reveal your fishing spot to the whole forum............any advice is appreciated. I will be looking to go on Tuesday for a couple of days.

Many thanks, Dave :thumbs:

G

·
Will I need midge spray?
And prize for the most stupid question of the day goes to JV :1a:

Just kiddin mate. Yes you most defo need it.

Neist Point is a cracking place to fish and well worth the scenery alone. But if i am honest there are better marks on the island. Also Skye as a fishing place is really untapped. There are loads of little coves and rocks marks to try, some not marked with a name. Basically i would say take your spinning rod and just move around trying places. Believe me when i say there are a few decent sized pollock for the taking over there.

·
Registered
259 Posts
hi i was up in skye wen thurs this week with my ali boat
fishing neist point the pollack fishing is something else
you can get ling on slack water but this was of the boat
saw some getting pollack of rocks at light house the wild life
is wurth going up for baskin shark minky whales close to boat
but when midges come out be ready.

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
north east is all good. pitch your tent anywhere just keep a quarter bottle of whisky to bribe a angry local. youll be there best friend. just say your a macfarlane from portree. you might even get free digs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts