World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No1 AC/DC Fan
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and the rest of the family all had the day off so i persuaded them to come with me for a day at whithorn.
stopped of at newton stewart first to buy some rag and sandeel
set myself and the son and daughter up with float rigs
caught plenty of pollock and wrasse but they were all v small, and was plagued with even smaller fish which kept nicking the rag but were too small to hook.
never the less it was good sport and the daughter and wife caught their first ever fish, a small wrasse each:clap:
forgot the camera though so no pics:doh:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did not ken that was you Grizzly round the corner from me, i was catching mackies for tomorrows session with me mates. Will stop to chat longer next time, enjoy reading your updates on here.

·
No1 AC/DC Fan
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aye, i'll mabye see you again, where are you heading tomorrow?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Well you certainly picked the right day weatherwise Steven. pity only small fish obliged. Had the same out on the boat the other day, and mates fishing Burrowhead on Sun. and Sheddock earlier also reported that small pollack were the order of the day.

·
No1 AC/DC Fan
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aye, certainly was a lovely day jackie, wife decided to take a picnic so it was great sitting in the sun, fishing and stuffing my face!!
think i'll try burrowhead next time i'm down that way, have been for a look but never fished it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts