World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Whithorn on Saturday with the boat and did not realise it was the start of a 2 day tope festival!! Anyway, went out on Saturday not a very good day for us, tried around Cairnhead anchoured up 80 feet of water a mark that i've used before dogfish city!!! 2 huss, 1 thornback and a few gunards. And as many dogfish as you wanted. Heard on the radio a few other boats had some success, with a few tope getting caught. Anyway that was Saturday, so we thought we would stay over and fish Sunday, this time we fished a mark roughly 10 miles from Burrowhead lots of tide and lots of tope my young boy caught his 1st tope of the year on his 1st drop, a nice tope 21lbs then it just went crazy, 3 rods in the water 3 fish on best tope of the day was 32lbs and the best bullhuss was 12lbs!! So all in all not too bad of a weekend don't know who won the tope festival as i never took part but there was loads of boats out and about. :crazy:

·
Registered
818 Posts
hey richard glad you ended up having decent day after saturday.

Did you see paul and graham round there? they had a decent day.....well Paul did hahahah!!

I was round at luce bay out from east tarbert..........no tope, just the 1 bull huss at 8lb 11oz for my mate michael and then just small bits and peices

hows the new boat then??

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
What boat did you go for Richard? Do you know who was organising the tope festival? I'd heard of it before, but didn't know it was still running. Wonder how they work out the winner ?? I can't imagine it being catch'n'kill surely?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
What boat did you go for Richard? Do you know who was organising the tope festival? I'd heard of it before, but didn't know it was still running. Wonder how they work out the winner ?? I can't imagine it being catch'n'kill surely?
Gordon the tope fest is run by the South West Scotland Federation of Sea Anglers NO tope killed, All measure and return, private boats only.
The Federation have a length / girth chart which they improved from the old Selsey Bill chart. Over quarter of a century since tope were killed in this popular competition.

·
Registered
627 Posts
i was ardwell side on sunday no tope im getting very frustrated with that place:hammer::hammer:a new boat you lucky b*gger did you win the lottery lol see you soon

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
welldone riteup4it

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only joking guys hi les, paul from warrior done a good deal on a 165 with a suzuki 70hp 4 stroke with a oxford blue full splice looks a bit like a pro angler in the sea angler advert anyway fishing was pretty good on sunday my mate steven with jasons old sea trooper ran out of fuel 10 miles off burrowhead :crazy:just as well i was there and gave him some spare fuel

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Gordon i think the tope are measure and release done on trust i have fished it a few times over the years i dont know how everybody else got on i think it was poor for everyone else i heard dale on the forum had 10 - 11 tope on saturday so he would have won it if he entered it

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Only joking guys hi les, paul from warrior done a good deal on a 165 with a suzuki 70hp 4 stroke with a oxford blue full splice looks a bit like a pro angler in the sea angler advert anyway fishing was pretty good on sunday my mate steven with jasons old sea trooper ran out of fuel 10 miles off burrowhead :crazy:just as well i was there and gave him some spare fuel
nice one richard...

that must have been a bit scary for steven, 10 miles out and no petrol, that big old 75hp 2stroke can fair drink it.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts