World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few friends and I have planned a trip to the island for some fishing on the second weekend in April, We will be based in Sandown and plan to fish a few different marks.
Would it be to early to use lures fishing? What size, weight, colours? You can probably tell I normally bottom fish. :help:
Thanks Chris mc

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Morning Chris ....I bottom fish also...however, give Drew Garrett a bell on 07563779319. He runs the tackle shop in Ryde.He knows what is what when it comes to shore fishing on the island and he will point you in the right direction .Hope this is of use to you .Pete.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Hi Chris

You really dont need to go any further than Sandown to fish if you enjoy catching Rays

As for lure fishing - still a tad early in these parts I would say

Clive

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Poorcod.I cant wait seen a few nice rays on Scotties tackle ,Will the pier be open second week in April ?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Its open Daytime as far as I know - ring 01983 404 555 and ask Paul

If you fish night time over Low Water and the run up anywhere between the Pier

right down to the end of Redcliff your in with the chance of a Ray - I already

know of one Undulate at 14lbs and numerous Spotted and Painted Rays and Turbot

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi Chris, I had my first lure caught bass of 2013 on 23rd of april from the solent, ( the stretch of water between the Isle of Wight and the mainland). As last year was a very slow starter I would say it will be worth a try with the lures. The sea temperature at Sandown is already 9 degrees. I will be trying today if this fog lifts, and will let you know if I get anything

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's a bit hit and miss up red cliff not many rays about at the minute
and the grounds a bit tackle hungry
Hopefully the rays will turn up in more numbers soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts