World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Does anyone from the isle of wight use this forum? Doesnt seem to get mentioned much and you cant select it as a county when you sign up but im sure that wouldnt put people off! Its also featured in Total Sea Fishing this month.

Anyway there's some cracking fishing over here so be good to see some postings on here regarding IW sea fishing.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
welcom to the forum m8 cant help you much but i am sure there will be guys or galls who can :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers marcus, look forward to some posts
have only had good smoothounds of late of note, but still hoping for a decent bass this summer!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on wind direction/tide etc but Fort Vic, Yarmouth Pier, Atherfield mostly. Have only just got back into it though and havent had much apart from some decent smoothounds so far.

Looking forward to trying yaverland, and the medina later in the year too

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi
im st marys junior champion ive fished in the sisland for about 7 yearsn now
about this time of year the best time i found to catch desent size smooth hound was cowes front by the lions we had a comp own there and cuaght a few decent sizes of smooth hound and 1 bass

·
Registered
3,007 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi hibby junior champ, welcome to the forum.

I see you've been trolling through the archives judging by the dates previous to your post. :clap:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Hi hibby junior champ, welcome to the forum.

I see you've been trolling through the archives judging by the dates previous to your post. :clap:
Haha, 2005! Just noticed! ....DOH!
Not much chance of him getting the answers either, he was last on...30-03-2006 17:53

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Haha, 2005! Just noticed! ....DOH!
Not much chance of him getting the answers either, he was last on...30-03-2006 17:53
Also his keyboard skills and spelling have plummeted since the last posts!!!!

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
Hi

Does anyone from the isle of wight use this forum? Doesnt seem to get mentioned much and you cant select it as a county when you sign up but im sure that wouldnt put people off! Its also featured in Total Sea Fishing this month.

Anyway there's some cracking fishing over here so be good to see some postings on here regarding IW sea fishing.

Cheers
Welcome m8, I lived in Brighstone for many years before moving back to the mainland and yes you are absolutely right that there is some cracking fishing to be had there and I believe that the only reason you don't see too many posts is becasue the Solent is not the cheapest bit of water to cross, but Atherfield and Blackgang Chine were two of my favourite shore marks.

Steveh24

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ive lived on the island all my life:marinheir! Its a great place for fishing! I fish the south west coast alot, i find brambles good for sole(not lat its south west coast) and i like fishing chale for a decent rays and the odd stingrays in the summer.:bb: Youll have a great time on the Island:thumbs:! Ill think youll find that actually people like Solehunter:clap: and NeedlesCodMaster:1a: post reports quite reguarly from the IOW and that a lot is learnt from people like this. Id expect they and i would be quite happy to give you some advice! If you do need any just drop me/them a PM sometime! Cheers :punk:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts