World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any info on fishing isle of whithorn/burrahead would be gratefull... going their in a couple of weeks..... also going to the other side of luce bay... terally , drummore, mull of galloway, any one know which would be the best place to go and what baits,, and what type of fish i could catch would be most appreciated....

·
Registered
408 Posts
From the rocks at the Mull main targets are pollack and conger. Mackeral for bait can normally be caught there but sandeel or lures will take the pollack as well. Around Drummore you can expect doggies, bass and mullet. Head over to the bay at Logan for a better chance of a bass. Usual baits or try lures for the bass.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Rocks Behind The Steam Packet Inn Is Worth A Look.try Light Gear And Ragworm For A Few Wrasse From Around The Edges.baited Spinners For Pollack. Five Ounce Wired Leads About Fifty Yards Of The Back Of The Rocks For Doggies Using Sandeels Threaded Up The Hook Like A Worm Through The Head And Held On The Hook Using Elastic.
It Worked For Me! Good Luck

·
Registered
408 Posts
Just back from Drummore and most of the beaches were producing bass up to 8lbs. For up to date info look in on the guys in the tackle shop / boat sales place in Ardwell.

·
Banned
396 Posts
aldge said:
any info on fishing isle of whithorn/burrahead would be gratefull... going their in a couple of weeks..... also going to the other side of luce bay... terally , drummore, mull of galloway, any one know which would be the best place to go and what baits,, and what type of fish i could catch would be most appreciated....
alrite aldge, got back from whithorn a couple of weeks ago didnt take bait up and the makerel wernt playin ball,had some great fun off the head with coloured feathers with pollock and coalies had the better fish when casting a fair way out on the drop. kept gettin snagged up till i shortened the traces down from 6 to 3 hooks. had a great trip so goin back up on the 1st o july switchin from anglesea gonna do more bait fishin this time hopefully.................good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts