World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I am Samuel from South Korea.
This is fishing report of far away country, so I am not sure this could be of any interest to you.
But we still share some of similarity in techniques and styles as this is of type of float fishing.

Winter in Korea is really low season for fishing with temperature of around 0 or sometimes under 0.
With low temperature in and outside water, fish activity becomes quite low as well.
(From June we can enjoy shore jigging and catch 50cm ~ 1m long size fish then.
I wish I could share more fishing report about shore jigging when season comes)

Marked place on the map is where I fished.
This place is called "Sinseondae" the place where shoreline is nice with magnificent rocks.

During this low season, ISO fishing is proven to be more effective than any other fishing here.
I am not sure if you heard about this type of fishing but simply speaking it is float fishing.
It is pretty popular type of fishing in Korea.

ISO fishing is being done on rock shores.
We use Krill for bait but sometimes Bream takes corn, worm or Sea Urchin as well.
You cannot expect to catch a lot during Winter time with Breams low activity but I had 2 chances.

Here is full story of my fishing in video.
Thank you for reading and watching.
If you have any opinion or questions , I am more than happy to share thoughts.
Thank you.

You can find my other fishing video report below (Some of them are translated into English)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRbLhYYvNXqLia68980VGFg

WSF Primary Administrator.
Welcome to WSF :)

Thanks for posting.....superb.

Registered
Awesome video and a lovely bream at the end. I will be watching more of your videos.

I have found ISO fishing fascinating ever since seeing the locals doing it on Fuerteventura a few years ago.

Registered
I have watched the basic setup video and it makes reference to weights, a bit like standard uk fishing. When I have seen it in the Canary Islands they set the float, rubber bead, swivel and then long, fine, fluorocarbon hooklength to a hook. The weightless approach adds to the natural presentation, but, understandably makes it difficult to reach fish at the bottom or below 2 metres. Have you compared results between your weighted and the weightless approach at all please?

Also do you rely upon commercially available groundbait or do you mix it yourself please?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just keen to learn more and it鈥檚 applications for the uk fishing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have watched the basic setup video and it makes reference to weights, a bit like standard uk fishing. When I have seen it in the Canary Islands they set the float, rubber bead, swivel and then long, fine, fluorocarbon hooklength to a hook. The weightless approach adds to the natural presentation, but, understandably makes it difficult to reach fish at the bottom or below 2 metres. Have you compared results between your weighted and the weightless approach at all please?

Also do you rely upon commercially available groundbait or do you mix it yourself please?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just keen to learn more and it鈥檚 applications for the uk fishing.
Hi, Thank you for your interest in ISO fishing.
We have weightless float fishing here.
But we apply weightless style only to limited condition.

When fish gets really sensitive(or sensitive type of fish), target fish is just a few meter off from the surface.
We use 0 float (Which has no buoyancy at all) and subline is fine and thin and 4m long.
By doing this way we can at least reach 4~5m
Understandably it is not recommended under these two conditions.
1. We target bottom
2. There lots of small fish top or mid level water. (Bait will be taken before it reaches the bottom)

My answer to your question about comparison between two styles,
yes I have tried, but both of them are effective in each different ideal conditions.

In my opinion, it is bit difficult to divide them into two different styles like weighted and weightless at least here in Korea,
Weighted float fishing ranges from 0.4g ~ 9g (or B ~ 2.0)
We call light buoy float and heavy buoy float, if it is what we call light buoy float it requires tiny sinker maybe only around 5mm diameter sinker.
So we have very vague boundary between weightless and weighted fishing even if we have weightless fishing here as well.
We decide how light or heavy float we will use depending on current speed, depth, target water level, fish sensitivity, small fish population top and mid water, wind.
Hope you find my answer helpful.

As for ground bait, we can buy it any fishing tackle shop in Korea.

(Before being mixed - Krill, powder, some grains like barely and corn)

Please feel free to ask question, if you have more.

Banned
Welcome Samuel. Great video - thanks for sharing. ISO fishing reminds me of the kind of light float fishing I do with myyoung son - even small fish fight well on light tackle. Great fun. :thumbsup: I'll try ground-baiting next time - it certainly works for you! :smile2:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome Samuel. Great video - thanks for sharing. ISO fishing reminds me of the kind of light float fishing I do with myyoung son - even small fish fight well on light tackle. Great fun. :thumbsup: I'll try ground-baiting next time - it certainly works for you! :smile2:
Thank you for sharing your experience of ISO fishing.
I am looking forward to seeing your fishing!

Registered
Samuel, nice video and lovely kurodai (black bream) at the end. I鈥檝e done a lot of iso fishing, here in Japan. Gure is the normal target where I fish, but kurodai or madai (red bream) are welcome bonuses. Look forward to reading more of your reports.

Registered
Hi,
Very nice style of fishing, i float fish as well in sea and river. i have to adapt in wind condition by using a shorter rod than ISO rod.

Please continue to post,
Very insterresting, i watch a lot of ISO video (daiwa, shimano, owner, tsuriken, kisakuran, marukyu .... an so on). But we dont have these product in Europe !!! grrrrrr ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts