World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
In A World Of His Own
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have got the alisa running ..i took the little motor home with me on sunday.. and gave it a service and wow it started second pull ran a bit smokey as i aired on the side of caution with the mix about 25.1 ratio does anyone know what it would be happy at i have tried searching for info on it on the web but very little came up about them i would like to get a couple of new plugs one in and one in reserve does anyone know were i can get one would oakley have one? i should have had more faith in it like you lot told me to i was going to get another aux but will not now have been painting the cabin inside looking spivvy now may be this boating lark is growing on me thanks chaps cheers andy

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Thats good to hear. Nothing to beat hearing a motor firing up and running sweet to build your confidence in it.
Blueskip posted he used to have one. He might see this and post, or drop him a PM Im sure he will point you in the right direction on the mix.
Dave.
ps it is Ailsa Craig. Or is that your knickname for it? My engine is a "she" too.

·
In A World Of His Own
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi no thats the name of it alisa craig 4 made by tomos of yugoslavia they imported mopeds once to england strange things that looked loike pushbikes with engines.. cheers mate andy

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
WAY TO GO ANDY:clap2:

The Ailsa were always made in Jugoslavia. But when they were originally marketed in the UK the importer thought that they would never sell under a Jugoslavian name so used a resoundingly British name (Ailsa Craig) instead.

Some years later the importers sales were dropping due to the flood of Japanese engines coming into the UK and gave up importing them. The makers tried to retail them directly into the UK under a name of Tomos because the first importer had the rights to the Ailsa Craig name.

All that aside they are a great little engine. I think you have the fuel ratio at 25/1 spot on Andy.

·
In A World Of His Own
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi does seem to be a strong mix but i remember the old two stroke mopeds i think they ran on a strong mix so i think then it would be right so need some spare plugs ... andy

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
hi does seem to be a strong mix but i remember the old two stroke mopeds i think they ran on a strong mix so i think then it would be right so need some spare plugs ... andy
luxury! my first seagull ran 10:1, can remeber now the excitment when I bought a new seagull in 1986 and it was 25:1!!

all my othere boaty bits have come and gone as they do but I have a deep attachment to that outboard, was stood unused for 10 years at one point, put fresh petrol in, fired on the thrid pull!

·
In A World Of His Own
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi just looked at the site it only lists a champion plug L92YC for a tomos 4.5 the one i have is M42J i will have to check if this is the right equivilent cheers andy

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
hi no thats the name of it alisa craig 4 made by tomos of yugoslavia they imported mopeds once to england strange things that looked loike pushbikes with engines.. cheers mate andy
Hy Maybe you are correct? but I understood the motor is named after that lump of rock in the Clyde Ailsa Graig, that I told you about in a past post?:)
http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66486&page=4

Anybody know the correct name for Andys auxiliary?
Dave.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Yes boss!:notworthy
Hehehe! :giveup:

Actualy most old codgers like me will remember the Ailsa as the 'Yachtsmans Auxilliary'. In the days when Seagulls ruled the quieter and more refined Aisa Craig were a favourite amongst WAFI's. They had a lot going for them Light, recoil start, less oil and muck, separate fuel tank. Luxury I tell, you bloody luxury.

Afishionado

1 - 20 of 28 Posts