World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the last 2 weeks all ive caught are rockling ... thinking of changing my name, nice variety of colours brown,orange to red, but had enough of them. went to a decent rock mark (only blanked once before) and not a nibble, possible problem is lack of water movement (north cornwall and not a crashing wave :confused: ) flat calm even my wife wouldn't get sea sick surely fish still feed even if the waters still?? any ideas :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Dont know what sort of area you are fishing digit as I am up in Scotland, but try fishing the mark at low tide, get to it maybe an hour before low, and fish it up.

Or, vice versus, you know the score.. some marks fish better than others at different hights of tides.....if your unsure of the times of the tides, check out your local area newspaper.

trial an error bud, you will get there event !!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here in north cornwall its usually big atlantic rollers up flat beaches bigdunny, all this talk of out past the last wave is often impossible here as with the beach so flat you would have to cast 300+,surf bass/skate sport is good with 1-3ft swell, the problem i think is lack of waves ... unusual for the area but would this have an affect on fish feeding patterns??

V

·
0 Posts
possibly,lack of wave's=undisturbed bottom=less food being washed/killed = less fish foraging close in.(just a possibility!) :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts