World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've choosen a basic 11ft rod and reel which includes 100+m of line. Its only a beach caster but thats all I really need to start with.
But what other tackle am I going to be needing(i.e lures etc)?I'm going to be mainly beach casting, or from rocks so at most I'm likely to be catching the smaller fish. Coming from a course fishing background am I going to be neediing a rod licence?
Many thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
423 Posts
hello mate and welcome to the site,for starters no need for a licence,they could never police sea fishing anyway,if your just starting out all you need is size 2 hooks on a running ledger with a rag worm on ,this will catch you most stuff ,when you get going ,just reply to the site and you will get most answers to your questions,good luck and tight lines

·
Registered
633 Posts
Monkeyhead, 15lb on clean beaches and 20lb over moderate broken ground will suffice. Please don't forget to tie on a shock leader of heavier line to take the strain of casting and abrasion from the sea bed. Usually 10lb breaking strain for every ounce of weight being cast ie: 4 oz-40lb, 6oz-60lb etc.

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Monkeyhead.

You don't live too far from me. If you want to meet up somewhere I'll be happy to explain how to tie traces and attach shock leaders and stuff. It's really easy once you see how it's done.

Just let me know if you do.

Rob.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gale-Force-Rob said:
Monkeyhead.

You don't live too far from me. If you want to meet up somewhere I'll be happy to explain how to tie traces and attach shock leaders and stuff. It's really easy once you see how it's done.

Just let me know if you do.

Rob.
Hey,
I'll keep that in mind, thanks! :D
Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts