World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never fished this place before and I'm going down on Sunday, could anyone give me some advice on the place and what to expect as in fish tackle loss ect? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
30 Posts
Left hand break water is easy fishing on to sand apart from the very end where it is a bit snaggy, the breakwater is gated off so ul have to climb down the rocks a bit to get around it, ur not supposed to fish it but no1 has ever said anything ro me.The beach itself is ok as it does slope quite steeply and has some good worm casts, its totaly clean ground off the beach not a rock to be found but i haven't caught much from the beach. The point to the right is my favourite part of jacksons had some decent conger, codling and whiting over the years but mainly small stuff this years but if ur fishing hw this side is very rough and the further towards the end you go the further out the rocks are id say u can fish about a quarter of the way up the point without losing much gear as ul be comfortably hitting the sand . There are 1 or 2 places where you can fish without losing tackle further up but difficult to find and id recommend rotten bottoms until u can find your own spots. From the point side close in can be more productive than far out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
No problem mate, its been my shelter spot when the weather is rough for years so fished it quite a lot. U should get small codling and whiting there now with the chance of a conger or bigger cod. Good luck

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll put a post up to let you know how I get on, as long as we don't blank I don't care what we catch lol thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts