World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me how long the snoods should be on a sheppy rig they had one in sea angler last month but with little details.gerald

G

·
can anyone tell me how long the snoods should be on a sheppy rig they had one in sea angler last month but with little details.gerald
the rig was in tsf mate.anyway,2 of my mates made some the other week and i think they had snoods on them about 12 inches.send flathead a pm and i'm sure he'll tell you.or make some of various lenths....dave.:)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Welcome to the site Gerald

Firstly as you probably know with a 3 hook flapper, flatfish will generally take the bottom hook or middle in preference to the top one, the Sheppey Rig is a series of pulley rigs and when a fish takes either of the bottom 2 hooks, it makes the empty hooks move around enticingly without any tidal flow, which should attract more fish.

It also has the added advantage of having the ability to attract fish to take your baits when there is little or no tide flow.

Use this rig with a fixed lead, this makes hooking fish easier and keep your rod tip low so the trace is as low to the seabed as possible.

The size of snoods will depend on the size of the rig. Snoods need to be no longer than the space between each sliding swivel. I use 10-12inch snoods of 20lb amnesia.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts