World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was fish at LLandudno pier today; we had a great day fishing,caught a dogfish,mackrel and a gurnard(all release)put the jet skies idiots keep bussing around the pier,something needs to be done about these a-----es.shaggy

·
Registered
50 Posts
its the same in Ireland.however i do like jet skiein myself but there is a lot of water out there that they can have there fun without disturbing other people who are using the beaches or piers

nige

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Push your council to do the same as they have done here in Swansea, control the launching facilities by allowing only registered jetskiers to launch, when they register they get a number to be displayed on the craft, no number, no launch! If anybody ponses about you take their number & they get banned from launching for a month, it works!
blueskip

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Is it me but when i fish my local spot everybody seems to congregate around me. Where ever it be jet skiers or people just taking a dip they just seem to be right close if they go 5 metres left or right one would not mind. It seems a case of see the fisherman he will look after you?.

Woodster

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers blueskip ,will get on to the coucil and let u know what they say.shaggy

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
shaggy said:
hi i was fish at LLandudno pier today; we had a great day fishing,caught a dogfish,mackrel and a gurnard(all release)put the jet skies idiots keep bussing around the pier,something needs to be done about these a-----es.shaggy
I never understand why the jetskiers come so close to the shore with all that water.
If they went a bit further out then there is no danger to swimmers or anglers

I tried jetskiing in tenerife and they had designated area just off shore (out of casting and swimmers range)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi Shaggy, Big Problems With Them In Herne Bay Too. The Local Council Are Finaly Going To Act And Start Issuing Asbos. We Shall See How Many They Issue(not Many I Bet) But At Least It"s A Step In The Right Direction. Becks

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Becks, why not get your council to be proactive instead of retro? If they take control of the launching facilities (or share that control with the local jetski club) & only allow registered (nominal fee) skiers to use the launching facility, when they are showing their registration number, (no number no launch), you will eliminate all of the idiots.
Here if anybody messes about on a jetski you take his number & report them to the council, they take their registration of them for a month so they cant use the launching facility.
Its easier to enforce than an ASBO, & not so heavy handed, & it seems to work when you involve the local jetski club, they dont want the cowboys any more than we do, & they know who is who!
blueskip

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HI beck,at least they are trying to do something,spent email to coucil and waiting for reply.shaggy

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
no jet skis in porthcawl...

worse than that,

We got people with big sailing boats,,who take it out the harbour at high tide,,,hang about the area i usually cast to for 30 mins,,then turn around and go back in!!!! :mad:

that and mad people in padding boats with farty little outboard motors doing laps....dunno why,,trying to pull the ladies i guess....i say ladies...The troggs that come down ere on the weekend,BLIMEY CHARLY :eek: no thankyou!

Also nutters on surf boards racing each other from coney beach to the harbour boy and back...BONKERS :eek:

I generally stay away from weekend fishing in porthcawl now :cool:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Well said Marcus! dont these clowns know, that we as anglers are the supreme beings, we have exclusive rights to the sea, can you imagine what we will be like if we ever have to buy a licence?
I for one am bad enough as it is, I hate surfers, jet skiers, water skiers, yachtsman, "The Birmingham Navy", & other anglers when I find them near my favourite spot, I hate trawlermen & gill netters, deadliners & trammel netters, & just about anybody else who uses "my" sea!
Why doesn't everybody else take up another sport (on land) & leave me to my own devices, so bog off Marcus!
blueskip

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
If the sea in question is off Porthcawl you're welcome to it m8 :)

Skip don't know if you saw my proposal to turn the old Blueskip into an armed fisheries patrol vessel but I think if you did it could just as easily be used against these pests as well then we could carve up the sea between us. today the Bristol channel Tomorrow the World

·
Registered
157 Posts
HI BLUESKIP
THE LOCAL COUNCIL TRIED THE REASONABLE APPROACH BY EMPLOYING FORESHORE ATTENDANTS TO POLICE THE SLIPWAYS AND MONITOR THE BEHAVIOUR OF THESE POND LIFE. THE ATTENDANTS HAD NO CLOUT HOWEVER AND WERE BASICALLY IGNORED AND ABUSED. WE FOUGHT FOR YEARS TO HAVE A DECENT SLIPWAY BUILT ONLY TO SEE IT RENDERED USELESS BY CRETINIOUS MORONS EVERY TIME THE SUN SHINES!! AS YOU MAY HAVE GATHERED I DON"T LIKE THESE PEOPLE AND THINK ASBOS ARE APPROPRIATE ALTHOUGH THEY WILL PROBALLY ATTACH SOME KUDOS TO GETTING ONE. RAM THEM ON SIGHT I SAY!! ONLY JOKING BUT IT"S TEMPTING AT TIMES.
BECKS :mad:

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Agree with you on Rest bay is it still full of long-haired surfer dudes? or can you fish there?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts