World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Was wondering whether any of the tackle stores in the UK, ideally London, stock any popping or jigging tackle?

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Dan

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
From your Avatar I'm guessing you mean bluewater jigging/popping for big exotics???
If you're just shopping for lures, I'd shop around online and abroad to avoid the big 'mark ups' on UK prices.** (you get more for your £ that way from people selling nearer to where the action is !?!)
Aussie wholesalers/dealers are worth checking out as are the usual suspects on Ebay.com[/B (e.g 'Shimreels' ..a very reliable seller and good value too)
Keep your orders small and you usually avoid import tax/handling charges.

**One UK exception to the rule IMHO..may be 'Snowbee' in Plymouth, and the Channel islands dealers

·
Registered
760 Posts
From your Avatar I'm guessing you mean bluewater jigging/popping for big exotics???
If you're just shopping for lures, I'd shop around online and abroad to avoid the big 'mark ups' on UK prices.** (you get more for your £ that way from people selling nearer to where the action is !?!)
Aussie wholesalers/dealers are worth checking out as are the usual suspects on Ebay.com[/B (e.g 'Shimreels' ..a very reliable seller and good value too)
Keep your orders small and you usually avoid import tax/handling charges.

**One UK exception to the rule IMHO..may be 'Snowbee' in Plymouth, and the Channel islands dealers

I know Russell Weston from snowbee has just returned from testing their new rods and reels jigging in the states. We have used some of their speed jigs and rods in the uk to good effect for bass, pollack and cod. Alderney angling and Gerry's fishing both have good ranges of jigging/popping gear also worth having a look at some of the fox tackle gear I know they do some jigging rods and reels the diablo reels especially seem fairly popular. For heavier gear charkbait in the u.s are very good and as kerdiff lad said shimreels always have a good selection and I've only had good experiences with them.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that guys, much appreciated. I'm familiar with mist of those online stores already but will certainly check out the UK based ones you recommended.

Any other suggestions for local stores would certainly be welcomed!

Dan

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
For jigs I use Jig a bite, based is Sussex, a nice selection on jigs, a few poppers and also all the trimmings to go with the jigs.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent. Thanks for that guys. sounds like there are a couple of local options to check out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts