World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reckon I must be, been out 8 times and not a touch. Also tried my easy wrasse rock marks and not a bite. Anyone got any doggies they can send to Portholland. So much different to last year here. :cry:

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
I reckon I must be, been out 8 times and not a touch. Also tried my easy wrasse rock marks and not a bite. Anyone got any doggies they can send to Portholland. So much different to last year here. :cry:
We blanked over west the other night,not even i bite!!!!:wallbash:

·
Power to the peaceful
2,160 Posts
there have been a whack of nets shot close in around
your way CD....
your fishy friends have been thinned out for pot-bait...
unfortunately......

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
there have been a whack of nets shot close in around
your way CD....
your fishy friends have been thinned out for pot bait...
unfortunatly......
?????? Not by boats from my way phil,unless theyve strayed around after the red mullet.

·
Power to the peaceful
2,160 Posts
?????? Not by boats from my way phil,unless theyve strayed around after the red mullet.
there are lots of potters about besides your crowd m8...
every small port/village right down has potters a.....
all after easy local bait........

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
there are lots of potters about besides your crowd m8...
every small port/village right down has potters a.....
all after bait........
True,i have to confess that i caused a bit of carnage myself amongst the local wrasse population the other week,got a few pots to take out in the next week or so:1a: In my defence,i took the wrasse from an area that shore anglers cant fish unless they absail a few hundred feet then rock climb back up when they finish!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm brand new to fishing but giving it a go. What is Wrasse? Everyone seems to have caught one but I've never heard of it. Can you eat it? Doesn't look very appetising!!

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
I'm brand new to fishing but giving it a go. What is Wrasse? Everyone seems to have caught one but I've never heard of it. Can you eat it? Doesn't look very appetising!!
Wellcome to the forum,you can eat wrasse and "crutchless wonder" makes thai fishcakes out of them.:victory:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
have you ever tried to use doggies as pot bait...there have them in the ilfracombe pots and they aint ahort of a few crab down there.
are they not so tough or dont they attract the crab as well?

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
have you ever tried to use doggies as pot bait...there have them in the ilfracombe pots and they aint ahort of a few crab down there.
are they not so tough or dont they attract the crab as well?
Doggys work down here but alot of the old timers rate wrasse pretty highly,i enjoy wrassing so i dont really like hammering them!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts