World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi lads just got back from my scottish trip based at nairn we went up to john o groats did'nt fish it but wondered what it fishes like from the harbour or surrounding marks?bloody cold place that. wicks nice there's a good cafe on the high st cheers lads tight lines andy ILSF...

·
Registered
266 Posts
hi lads just got back from my scottish trip based at nairn we went up to john o groats did'nt fish it but wondered what it fishes like from the harbour or surrounding marks?bloody cold place that. wicks nice there's a good cafe on the high st cheers lads tight lines andy ILSF...
Gotta agree about the good cafe if you mean Morags, but thats the first time I've ever heard someone say that Wicks nice, and I've worked there for 4 years.

Did you do any fishing Andy?

Bill

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotta agree about the good cafe if you mean Morags, but thats the first time I've ever heard someone say that Wicks nice, and I've worked there for 4 years.

Did you do any fishing Andy?

Bill
hey after driving up from nairn through all those winding roads and climbing mountains in our car stuck behind a lorry from poland going to wick hey the place was an oasis in the wilderness lol. and yes it was morags cafe john o groats nice place yes visit it again?nooo way lol. as for fishing m8 no i took the wife with me it was a holiday this time staying at nairn visiting my son in aberdeen uni but come oct the rods will be packed for sure thanks for the reply chat again maybe tightlines andy ilsf...:) :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Tell me again about those windy roads!!!!!
5 days a week, there and back, 250 miles, for 4 years. DO I know windy roads or what. Hope you werent driving a campervan and holding me up, lol

Bill

·
Registered
40 Posts
come on now bill wick is a nice place and nice people.there even that good that when a delivery driver doesna no where an address is we tell him.:)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Although I acually fish from John O Groats harbour by boat, I don't think you catch much else other than coaly from the harbour and the odd small flattie.
I have heard of the odd sea trout being caught from the rocks, all in all not realy a fishing hot spot.
Rgds TB

·
Registered
513 Posts
do you get much from the boats out of there tony?
It's not bad, the tides are very strong and you have to pick your time for the cod marks, the pollock are quite plentyful after may, there's always plenty coaly but that's no big deal.
It's seldome we have less than a dozen cod between 2, so not bad, also Dunnet head is only 10 miles away with a good slip at Dwarick pier.
Rgds TB

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Although I acually fish from John O Groats harbour by boat, I don't think you catch much else other than coaly from the harbour and the odd small flattie.
I have heard of the odd sea trout being caught from the rocks, all in all not realy a fishing hot spot.
Rgds TB
hi thanks for your reply i guessed as much it's like nairn looks the biz but unless you go out on a boat there's nothing to talk about still nice place though but i doubt i will travel up there again ohh those sodding roads /hill i had them in my head for days lol.do you live local to there m8?tightlines andy ILSF...:boat: :boat:

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
hi thanks for your reply i guessed as much it's like nairn looks the biz but unless you go out on a boat there's nothing to talk about still nice place though but i doubt i will travel up there again ohh those sodding roads /hill i had them in my head for days lol.do you live local to there m8?tightlines andy ILSF...:boat: :boat:
you wont get a lot from nairn mate its meant to be ok for trout in season,if you like that sort of thing but then again the whole moray firth hasnt been good so far this year:giveup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
hey after driving up from nairn through all those winding roads and climbing mountains in our car stuck behind a lorry
Ah fond memories of going over berrydale braes in me 7.5 tonner for the first time this winter and having to stop for a *** and change of undies asap. Did loads of little jobs around wick thurso etc and saw a load of the coast that just had me itching to be fishin'. However was just out of time and energy. Next time will take the rods and have a cast from scrabster harbour in the evening.

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah fond memories of going over berrydale braes in me 7.5 tonner for the first time this winter and having to stop for a *** and change of undies asap. Did loads of little jobs around wick thurso etc and saw a load of the coast that just had me itching to be fishin'. However was just out of time and energy. Next time will take the rods and have a cast from scrabster harbour in the evening.
well m8 you have my full sympathies for going up/down those mountains lol it was bad enough in my astra never mind a wagon.:notworthy i recon they could build a bridge up there i was going to go up to thurso but the 20 or so miles i recon would have taken us about 1 hour if i got stuck behind the polish lorry that seemed to love me and was my m8 in front of me for most time there how long would it take anyway was 1 hour spot on?tightlines andy ILSF...:clap3: :clap3:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts