World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..

Myself and Riddlers Tiddlers went out on board Ospreys private boat "Julie Diana" yesterday..We caught the 10am Lock to get out for the Ebb to make our way down to Nash Sands..

Armed with Sandeel,live peelers,black lug,mackeral,and squid..we hoped to maybe hook into some Bass..

We steamed down with the tide..we past Anchorman3 and Georgia Nicole on the way fishing off stout point..i waved!!

First drop we anchored inside the sandbank off Nash,,,and fishes for about 1hr 30mins..only catching Dogfish...(Some weren't even hooked,,they were just hanging on to the sandeels!!..A great piece of angling by Osprey!!).

We moved out to a Wreck an hour before Low water,,and got into some Congers and huss and more doggies!!,,,We Proved a point yesterday,,that Congers are pretty Dull!...i Hooked into a powerful fish,,hell of a fight,,took line and everything!!..Got it to the Surface and it was a New PB conger..previous was 14lb,,Didnt get a chance to weigh it because as i tried to get it on board,one big head shake and i kissed goodbye to my hooklenght..so with hooks still in it,My big Conger dropped back to the wreck..

10 mins later,Riddlers Tiddlers hit into somthing heavy,,but not so scrappy..Up come a big conger,,Got it on board,,and on further inspection,saw my hook still in its lip!!...So a Pic,a weigh and a bit of dentistry,,and the monster was released..it weighed in at 17lb..so a combined effort i guess..

Tide was flooding by this point and a quick move to Stout point close in was made,,,after some messing about with anchors,,we put on the big crab baits for bass!,..(i wish!)..but ended up with a load of dogs and 2 Smoothounds!..Osprey boating on starry at around 8lb,,and i had a common into double figures!....Great scrap of them too!!

We called it a day at 7pm and made the long steam back to the barrage..stopping briefly on the way to play with a Seal,,that was swimming around off Sully island..

All in all a lovely day out..weather was lovely and i burned my face!!..

Plenty of Dogfish caught
a plethera of Congers
Bullhuss
a couple of Hounds

Thanks to Osprey for the fried Spam sarnies!..i forgot the Bacon this time!..

Do it again soon..

Marcus

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
nice session, whats the odds on the same conger being caught twice!!!!!!!:clap3:

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Good For Sum... The Weather Lookes Much Better Than Wat It Was Like With Me!!!!

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
hi markus are you the one holding the conger .and if so are you the one always in the mags s hounds rays conger if so me and nathan met you down eweny angling long time back.talking about xc weather.
Hi roamer i have just had a look at the photos mate marcus is the one holding the hound mate the big fella he he its RIDDERS TIDDLERS holding the congers tight lines

1 - 20 of 29 Posts