World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from getting a ling on a small bit of rag on my spinning rod trying for a wrasse the other day, last night went to PHD South B/W to try spinning rods, small hooks and a little bit of mackie to get a ssss and ended up getting a Codling nearly 3lb, and one of these (see pic).
Am personally going for Pout but no doubt it will be a poor cod!
[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Following on from getting a ling on a small bit of rag on my spinning rod trying for a wrasse the other day, last night went to PHD South B/W to try spinning rods, small hooks and a little bit of mackie to get a ssss and ended up getting a Codling nearly 3lb, and one of these (see pic).
[/IMG]
bang on its a pouting

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/aquarium/pages/pouting.html

·
Turbot Magnet
1,858 Posts
well done Brian,your species are going up at some rate bud

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers TGF.

Aye Tony it's been a good month. Still need that ssss.
Need a trip to Gamrie for conger hunt sometime. Where did you get the plaice?

·
Registered
774 Posts
[/IMG]
Deff a Pout. This is a Poor Cod.

Or is it a Poor Pout?

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I notice Pout are very much diamond shaped and a long beard under their chin. Not seen any evidence of Poor Cod here yet, still need one of them.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
lol want a pic of mine from thursday? :whistling well done on the ssss last night

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nah, will get my own one :fishing:
Wondering where to go tonight :idea: Small port north 20 mins west of Fraserburgh for a snake maybe.

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, only want one each year lol!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts