World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished 3 up and 1 down on saturday 14th. The jury was out as were the fish. 3 rods, 3 pairs of eyes and yet none of us saw a bite all day.

The only sport was a small pout, snared behind the head by my delicate lift to disengage the wires. He fought gamely but was overcome in a lengthy tactical battle that had the gathered crowd gasping in suspense as the power balance swung precariously from hunter to hunted and back again. Eventually, the spoils were mine and my plucky opponent was detached and returned to the ocean to fight another day.
For those wishing to emulate, the succesful tactics were are squid & lug cocktail beautifully presented on a Pennell rig.

The only other fishy interest was a comatose dogfish found gasping on the sand 75 metres from the sea, he was assessed, given the once over and returned to the water in hope but we were unable to catch him again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll find this emporium of entertainment between Rye and Lydd, right at the end of the MOD firing range.
I should point out that nobody suggested we fish there; we got lost trying to get round the back of Dungeness Power Station out of the wind.
We ended up out of the wind but also out of the fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts