World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harbour at villamoura and check out the number of mullet that were in the water.

These were all over the harbour, with most areas with lots of these fish.

Was pretty annoyed i didnt have my rod away with me, but i was amazed to see so many fish in the one place.

Thought i'd share incase anyone is off to the algarve soon!

Cheers

Scott

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
I remember seeing them years ago, I think theirs signs banning fish in side the Marnia and harbour. all the holiday makers were feeding them that day and they were beaching them selfs to get bits of bread above the water line.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Scotty Boy

I got back from Villamoura last monday.

went down to the marina one day with the kids to feed the mullet with stale bread. Two Bass, each weighing about 4lbs were chasing the mullet about!

I had intended on buying a telescopic rod but never got round to it definatley getting one for next year

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
hi,

a few yrs ago i was on hols at portugal and stayed not too far away from that marina/harbour.

i thought the exact same .. i wish i had my wee rod with me. :D.
seen some braw sized fish.

we went on a shark fishing trip that day on one off the charter boats. good fun with 1 small one landed :clap:.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Scotty
Im off to Faro in a couple of weeks, just a few miles south east of Vilamoura. Ive been swithering about taking a travel spin with me, you`ve just persuaded me to do so with this thread.
I`ll post a thread on my return.

·
Registered
390 Posts
It was the same last year in Portugal, I'm sure these fish can read, these ones were hanging about right next to the sign, and nowhere else!

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
Scotty
Im off to Faro in a couple of weeks, just a few miles south east of Vilamoura. Ive been swithering about taking a travel spin with me, you`ve just persuaded me to do so with this thread.
I`ll post a thread on my return.
Theres a lovely estuary at Faro that you get a nice view of just before landing.

It looks like a Mullet hotspot to me

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
Im just back from Turkey, There were fish every where and a little burn that went into the sea was heaving with mullet, i thought about buying a cheap rod but didnt as all i would do is fish lol, so on the last day i boughr a handline and free lined some bread they were hard to catch, i got other stuff but not a mullet, the young english boy next to me caught 2 with his rod,

We all know what to do for next time :crazy::)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm off to Lagos at the end of the month and will now definately be taking a small telescopic spinning rod. I wonder what the missus can do for a fortnight herself lol:yeah::yeah:

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Me any young Snatcher pulled some mullet(and returned) from Vilamoura harbour a few years ago. We were floatfishing with bread near the sewer outfall at the start of the pier :blink:

Seen a local lad pull out a few big garfish on floatfished fishstrip. Really enjoyable stuff. I had taken a couple of telescopics with me - I always do and they take up no room in the case :clap2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hollywood,
I am going out to Espiche (a couple of km from Luz) on Sunday. My brother was there last month and fished from the rocky outcrop west of Priae de Luz main beach . Spuid and mussels on the float worked for him early morning and high tide. There are a couple of other nice beaches dotted around the area but he blanked there. I'll be fishing bait and lures around Luz next week so come and say hi if you spot a Scotsman with dodgy surf shorts and a cigar in his chops. Hoping for a bigger bass than my bro caught, his was about a lb and a half.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just back from Praia da Luz, Portugal - we had a great time but blanked with the fish. The locals all appeared to bait fish but even they didn't seem to be catching much. Although we didn't get chance to try it, it was recommended that we talk to one of the local older fishermen who apparently are quite happy to lend their boats out for a fee. Spent an interesting hour watching a tourist trying to catch mullet with bread. He blanked but it was very amusing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts