World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lure fishing tomorrow cant decide between north or south sides of the Llyn. Porth Ysgaden looks so tasty but all those boulders along Criccieth look soooo fishy - how do I choose??!!!:help:

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Toss a coin,,,
just got back from tesco, and the traffic coming this way was a nightmare.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Large amounts of weed are strewn along the beach at Porth Neigwl and Aberdaron at the moment, and no doubt the rest of the south beaches after these prevailing winds from that quarter... not been up north for a while.

Having said that, there are a few south coast stretches without this problem - like the mark I blanked at when plugging last night, but you would have to really know the sites (re: tidal flows etc) to find them.

Hope this helps - have a good session

Andrew

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Aberdaron was quiet on the rocks yesterday with one good pollack in 4 hrs of fishing. The pollack had been eating whitefish (poor-cod & rockling), rather than being stuffed with sandeels. No sign of the mackerel.

Rough weather breaking up the baitfish shoals, I reckon....

Cheers - John

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Im off to Aberdaron on sunday, weather looks good so far...

·
Registered
74 Posts
try far leftside of perhyn bay, no weed and very settled and a bit closer,,early though.cheers daz

just looking on google earth dazdecs is that between the breakwater and the headland ?
and if so is it best fished on high or low tide ?....cheers :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts