World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've fished(mostly spinning) high tide near the Coast guard station twice now and caught nothing. :confused:
Is it a bad place to fish or is it my inexperience causing my lack of success? :confused:
I don't even get a hint of a bite.

Does everyone get as irritated as I do when they lose a plug on rocks? :mad:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not tried the shads I'll give em a go. I only lost a £5 bass buster today- bought yesterday :D .

I've been told that using a bubble float and rubber eels is good for bass, whats the best way to set the rig up so they look as natural as possible?

Sorry for the repeat questions I need to learn as much as possible- My catch rate proves I'm right. :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
try useing surface poppers like storm chugbugs awsume when the waters flat calm, and you'll never lose them to snags due to the fact they work on the surface hence the name. I would also recommend you fish at low water when plugging around mumbles, but be aware of the incoming tide especially on the island causeway's.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to go at low tide, but after having got there this afternoon and saw nobody fishing, I had a quick look round, found 1 rapala plug :D then went home to wait for high tide. I assumed that nobody fishing meant it wasn't a good time :eek:

So if I'm guessing right, pluging is best at low tide and float fishing best at high tide???

I'm used to goin to a river or canal/lake etc and the sea is a totally alien fishing enviroment to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts