World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well at midnight tonight I officially retire after 40 years and 7 months service with Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service on Wednesday evening I was presented with the 40 years service medal
I was looking forward to lots of time fishing
But then the bombshell tonight
Boris says we are going into lockdown again
Then I see this from the angling trust

LOCKDOWN UPDATE - The Angling Trust is pleased that the government has recognised the value of allowing angling and other forms of outdoor recreation to continue - with members of your own household or with one other individual - through next month’s lockdown. It seems that tackle shops will still be able to operate a ‘click and collect’ service. So we are still fishing.
Whilst we need to see the precise details in the regulations laid before Parliament on Monday it is likely there will be impacts on certain areas of our sport and we will update everybody just as soon as we are able to do so. Thanks for your patience

So hopefully some light at the end of the tunnel

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Congrats
Welcome to the club mate
Just checked Gov.UK and the guidance is already on there!
They omitted to say 'when' on Thurs Nov 5 the lockdown starts!?!?
Is it at 00:01 or after the last firework that evening?????

·
Administrator
21,438 Posts
Well at midnight tonight I officially retire after 40 years and 7 months service with Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service on Wednesday evening I was presented with the 40 years service medal

LOCKDOWN UPDATE - The Angling Trust is pleased that the government has recognised the value of allowing angling and other forms of outdoor recreation to continue - with members of your own household or with one other individual - through next month’s lockdown. It seems that tackle shops will still be able to operate a ‘click and collect’ service. So we are still fishing.
Whilst we need to see the precise details in the regulations laid before Parliament on Monday it is likely there will be impacts on certain areas of our sport and we will update everybody just as soon as we are able to do so. Thanks for your patience

View attachment 1354443
Thats a lot of service mate..... 👏👏👏👏👏

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
Congrats on your retirement. I managed to escape the rat race after 38 years last November. I havnt thought about work for 1 second since retiring. Ive always fished a lot since i was 12 but now thats all i think about. After the first lockdown i fished just about every day, picking different venues and species. At first it just felt like a long holiday but after a while you suddenly realise while your fishing... Oh its Wednesday, i would be at work. Now everyday is a weekend. Your going to love your new freedom.

·
Premium Member
25,759 Posts
Congratulations. How could anyone deny you the relaxation of a few hours angling after a lifetime doing such a dangerous and valuable job. Take care though. It would be a cruel irony if Covid got you.😯

·
Registered
214 Posts
Congrats on your retirement , did the same January 2019 , fished a bit Previously but got back into it more seriously after retiring , it’s so much better to fish according to weather and tides and not by the days of the week ! .

·
Registered
315 Posts
Well done dirty squid on your retirement thats a brilliant achievement serving your community. I retired from Fire and Rescue last year and still miss it, but you do find things to do to fill your days. (y)

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Enjoy your retirement well earned In Wales it if you can walk there you can fish

·
Registered
1,066 Posts

View attachment 1354443
Congratulations, Nick! Retirement is great if you don't weaken...PH

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well done on your service, be proud as I am. Welcome to the retirees, it’s great but do we have more free time.....not sure about that😄

·
Registered
162 Posts
Congratulations,i can thoroughly recommend retirement,the problem iv'e got though is deciding whether to go Salmon fishing,Trout fishing, Bass fishing from the shore or going out in my boat.Almost as stressful as work it can be.

·
Registered
255 Posts
We’re still in lockdown we can only go fishing we’re we can cycle or walk to a total joke that after 2 weeks off not being able to cross into other counties in north wales but I’m lucky I’m 5 mins walk to the beach congrats on your retirement mate and utft

1 - 20 of 28 Posts