World Sea Fishing Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Great achievement Nick, brave stuff at times I'm sure 馃憤
You have had a nice introduction to retirement through furlough...

Well done 馃憦馃憦Enjoy 馃帲

Catch up soon .

Registered
Thank you for your service, and may you enjoy your retirement, we look forward to many reports of epic fishing to come

Registered
copied from the Angling Trusts website:

UPDATE 鈥 November 4:
Having now examined the government鈥檚 new Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No. 4) Regulations the Angling Trust is pleased to be able to offer some initial guidance and interpretation to anglers and fishery providers. Our formal guidelines will be published following further consultation with colleagues at Sport England and DCMS once Parliament has debated the regulations today and passed them into law.
Overall the Angling Trust is pleased that ministers have recognised the value of allowing angling and some other forms of outdoor recreation to continue through the forthcoming lockdown period. However, the new rules are more complicated than we had hoped and anglers should be fully aware of what we can and can鈥檛 do in the next 28 days.
How to fish
The regulations are clear and you can only leave home to fish with members of your own household, your support bubble or with one other individual. The Rule of Six is now effectively the Rule of Two for most of us. The tightening of the rules on 鈥榞atherings鈥 means that match fishing or any other organised fishing event is prohibited by law during lockdown. However, competitive fishing will be able to resume once there is a return to the three tier system of restrictions.
On this basis we can announce that all Angling Trust competitions are suspended for the period covering 5th November 鈥 2nd December 2020.
Where to fish
Angling is deemed a permissible form of 鈥榦utdoor recreation鈥, and a lawful reason to leave home. It can take place, without time limits, within the provision allowing people 鈥渢o visit a public outdoor space for the purposes of open air recreation鈥.
A 鈥榩ublic outdoor space鈥 is defined as an 鈥榦utdoor place to which the public have, or are permitted, access (whether on payment or otherwise).鈥 We believe this clearly includes riverbanks, towpaths, beaches and stillwaters that can either be accessed freely or on the payment of a day ticket or subscription levied by the owner or leased to a publicly available fishing association. The government clearly intends for people to be able to take their outdoor exercise and recreation in the form of angling and these regulations allow this to occur.

Tight Lines everyone.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Well done dirty squid on your retirement thats a brilliant achievement serving your community. I retired from Fire and Rescue last year and still miss it, but you do find things to do to fill your days. (y)
I must have missed this post first time around or else it did not register with me
What counties service did you serve with Ricky
if there are enough ex or even serving Fire Fighters on here may be we could set up a sub forum or something
just a thought

Registered
Hi Nick
I have sent you a PM. I served with Mid & West Wales fire and rescue, I retired last August.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts