World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Evenin&#39; all, just a quick note to say hello.
I&#39;m a newbie to beach fishing (been wrecking & reefing for me whole life tho,) & I&#39;m off on me first outing tonight. I&#39;m fishing Mappleton, on the East coast of Yorkshire(God&#39;s own county&#33;) Hopefully looking to get into the codling & whiting, but I&#39;m not expecting too much from my first worm drowning session. I&#39;ll post back tomorrow & let y&#39;all know what happened & hey, who knows, maybe you&#39;ll all let me know where I went wrong &#33;
Don&#39;t know what the #### rigs to use, or even the best time to fish the tides, but the ebb stops at 8(ish) tonight & I&#39;m hoping to fish the full extent of the flood, so, wish me luck & I&#39;ll be back tomorrow (drowning permitting &nbsp;
)</font>

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
<font color='#000000'>bit early for the codling and whiting m8
head south to dimmlington its been producing odd cod when sea is lumped up

mapplton is full of nets at either end
macky</font>

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#FF0000'>Well, it&#39;s official. The North Sea is actually empty. I fished from 9:30 right up to an hour after high tide with nary a glance at my perfectly presented bait. At 3:00ish (thats A.M., by the way) I decided to up anchors and have a dekko at Brid&#39;s South Pier. Again my perfectly *ahem* baits were completely ignored. The fact that a force 6 was blowing into me face did nothing to deter me ( apart from at one point when I thought I&#39;d got a bite, struck & the wind took the line right around me neck&#33;) I did manage to cop a hold of lots of lost tackle, without actually losing any of my own, which, apparently, is something of a bonus. So, with a few salvaged 6oz gripper leads & 3 five hook Hokkai rigs in hand I wended my weary (& windblown) way home, only to be told to vacate the marital boudoir forthwith, due to the apparrent odour of mackerel pervading the long suffering&#39;s blissfull slumber.
&nbsp;Personally I like the smell of fish.

That&#39;s why I got married in the first place.</font>

·
Registered
39 Posts
<font color='#000000'>heh excellent, how come the wife doesn&#39;t like smelly fish??

I never do very well when it&#39;s too windy, I can never spot the bites. It sounds as though you pulled more stuff out of the sea than you threw in, so thats a good start

Keep trying, don&#39;t give up there&#33;</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts