World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi an "old" retired newbie from Lancaster. just started flattie fishing from Arnside (dont Laugh) we all have to start somewhere. Hoping to learn more from the forum and progress there appears some good marks around Morecambe which i hope to fish with more knowledge and experience.
Any advice would be very gratefully received

Cheers

Alex

Registered
Welcome Alex....Sea fishing has so many different aspects, it can seem a bit daunting at first, but the good thing is you can do as little or as much as you want. If you spend your retirement fishing for flatties from one or two local marks, that's absolutely fine...If you get the bug bad and want to try other aspects and other locations, that's also great...it really is all down to you....

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks for all the welcoming replies. My first foray into the "REAL" world of sea fishing will be in Half Moon bay at Morecambe . Walked it with the dog at low tide the other day just to check out any safe places to fish. Just below the church headland at Heysham looks promising .
Any members advice gratefully accepted

Registered
Many thanks for all the welcoming replies. My first foray into the "REAL" world of sea fishing will be in Half Moon bay at Morecambe . Walked it with the dog at low tide the other day just to check out any safe places to fish. Just below the church headland at Heysham looks promising .
Any members advice gratefully accepted
Don't know the area, but watch that the tide does not come in behind you...On many beaches the tide can flood into gullies behind you and you don't realise its happening until too late.. The situation can also change from week to week as after a storm or just a good blow, beaches can change such that what was a "safe" area to fish last week now has the potential to be cut off by the tide...

If there is a tackle shop local to the area, go and have a chat and I am sure they will point you in the right direction鈥.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Pete E for the sound advice . There is Gerrys at Morecambe, will probably be a regular visitor there and as you say get to know the local anglers.

Thanks again

Registered
welcome.im sure you will get plenty of advice on here some real helpful guys. i dont shore fish im into boat fishing but it dosnt matter as its all a great hobbie and great to relax. good luck with it mate.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome alex, only been sea fishing 6 years myself huge amount of info on forum, plus search function
Thanks EM x

Well just been to Gerrys at Morecambe what a great bunch of guys in the Sea dept. very helpful.

provided excellent advice on where to fish and WHERE NOT (too dangerous) to fish. And advice on fishing around Heysham Head

Many thanks Gerrys will be back to see you again soon.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure yet if this is the correct section to post this question . BUT please bear with me, what is the best most secure knot for 80lb line for a pennel pulley rig.
I am struggling tying 80lb line

Any comments really appreciated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts