World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks and feels like a cracking match rod had hsms and this feels better lighter and thinner anyone got one any views will be welcome cant wait to use it

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hi,
I have had a pair for the last 6 months, awsome rod bite detection second to none,so good i sold my hsm's very powerful along with my profile evo best fishing rods terry has made imho.

Rich

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi i have a profile evo how does m4 hi flex to it.

looks as if i might have to sell my hsm for m4 hi flex.
i havnt seen the profile evo mate but this hiflex is deffo better than the hsm similar tip but bags of power in the mid and butt makes a hsm obselite in my opinion but havnt used it yet so may eat my words. they are extremely hard to get hold of they sell like rocking horse ****

·
Registered
822 Posts
hi i have a profile evo how does m4 hi flex to it.

looks as if i might have to sell my hsm for m4 hi flex.
Do it mate, you won't regret it

Lovely rods which remind me of the old classic ng1 albeit longer but the tip only bends to a right angle at the top2-3 foot whereas most other rods seem to hve more glass as much as 3-4 feet but beyond 2-3 feet in the m4 you have one pokey rod

·
Registered
588 Posts
i havnt seen the profile evo mate but this hiflex is deffo better than the hsm similar tip but bags of power in the mid and butt makes a hsm obselite in my opinion but havnt used it yet so may eat my words. they are extremely hard to get hold of they sell like rocking horse ****
IMO the M4 hi-flex Match does not have any more mid section power than the HSM. The whole idea of the hi-flex range was to create a rod that has more give/flex in the mid section (same butt as a standard m4), make it a bit more user friendly. The HSM is by no way obselite. The M4 range is very good with the smaller leads (upto 150g) but starts to struggle with its recovery when casting the big stuff (175g + bait). I certainly will not be replacing my HSM for one.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
OMG HSM obsolete (or obselite...lol)? Better sell mine quick.

Thanks for the warning

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol speaking of obselite (sic) what will happen when terry retires, they may actually become obsolete after all :fishing:
when terry retires or snuffs it zziplex will be collectors items worth big money

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I'll tell the wife that every pair of the latest zzippies I buy is just an investment for the kids university fund? Might work and safer than investing in property

1 - 16 of 16 Posts