World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mate, big Tam and I again visited the Carsethorn area, armed with a bucket of lugworm and two rods apiece. Lovely sunny weather although a strong wind spoiled things a bit by colouring the sea a bit too much. Sport was slow and the fish mostly on the very small side. My total today was three flounder, two plaice and a dab, all on the wee side, and a common eel of around a pound and a half which was the heaviest fish today.Tam had a few wee flounder and a solitary dab. Nice to see the dabs, first I've seen this year, so hope they return in good number. Not another angler seen all day. Went round the coastlline to look for crabs, but out of luck on that score, never found a single crab !

·
No1 AC/DC Fan
409 Posts
not a bad day there jack, even if they were a bit on the small side,
was having bother looking for crabs myself when i was at the caravan, seem to be a bit thin on the ground at the moment, either that or other folk were getting to them before me lol!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not a bad day there jack, even if they were a bit on the small side,
was having bother looking for crabs myself when i was at the caravan, seem to be a bit thin on the ground at the moment, either that or other folk were getting to them before me lol!
Aye, an hours work, and waded over the wellies, so wet feet as a freebie. Not a single peeler, softie or even a crinkly. Even harbacks were few and far between, and those had a leg segment missing so reckon some folk have given the area a good going over. At least most of the stones were o.k. so whoever was crabbing has done it in the correct manner. Just means no fishing for me until the weekend now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.