World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just drove back from Conwy & I saw trawler which looks like it's run aground off the Morfa, justice for trawling 2 close 2 shore I wonder? Anybody else see it or know what happened? I couldn't get that close but I did take a picture, which I'll try & get off my phone later.

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the picture.... I hope!

Not great quality I'm afraid but you get the idea.

·
13,170 Posts
Please define "2 close 2 shore". I can never find my way around the Welsh Assembly website to find the fisheries regulations.

·
Registered
25,238 Posts
Please define "2 close 2 shore". I can never find my way around the Welsh Assembly website to find the fisheries regulations.
Wouldnt it also be respectfull to find out if the crew are safe also before crowing about it??????

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I had my way 5 miles out would be too close to shore for trawlers :nonono: but in this case I meant too close to shore to even stay afloat.

He was in a gulley inshore of the main channel which dries out on the bigger tides, I'm no sailor but in my book that's deinitely too close :doh:.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I hope the crew are safe but it does sound like they were trying to trawl the gulleys too close and came a cropper...

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wouldnt it also be respectfull to find out if the crew are safe also before crowing about it??????
Unless the crew were midgets I'm sure they're fine, the water is so shallow there that they could walk ashore on their hands without getting their hair wet, also there was no sign of any emergency services so I'm pretty sure there were no casualties involved :thumbs:.

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like one of the mussle dredgers from Bangor
Cheers Steve :thumbs:, that clears up the mystery but being local I would have thought they would know better than to venture that side of the sand bar :g: :boat:.

It could have been a breakdown I suppose but it can't have been too bad as it was gone again this morning :bye1:.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts