World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks I have two reels of this stuff on order at £8.81 a reel it says its 8 strand at 0.18mm @ 15lb and gonna use it on a couple fixed spools with a leader for flatties. Can anyone let me know if its actually good or not just out of curiosity

cheers

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've used their 4 strand stuff, both 12lbs and 20lbs. Being 4 strand it wasn't the thinnest and a bit rough going through the guides, but it was really good to use.

I tried replacing it with slightly more expensive (but still cheap) 8 strand (from a different brand) and had issues with wind knots so went back.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
hi folks I have two reels of this stuff on order at £8.81 a reel it says its 8 strand at 0.18mm @ 15lb and gonna use it on a couple fixed spools with a leader for flatties. Can anyone let me know if its actually good or not just out of curiosity

cheers
I have had two lots of Kast King braid. The first was 20lb lime green Max Thin 8-strand, which was excellent but apparently now discontinued. The second was the new 9-strand which I haven't used yet but disappointingly seems a lot thicker than the Max Thin (though on a nice new biodegradable spool). This is the problem with buying new products on the internet...⚠ I may keep the 9-strand for spare and buy some more Sunline Siglon 8-strand. This is thin and smooth, though I don't like it quite as much as the Max Thin.
No experience of the Mega 8 Super Strong, but I hope this helps someone!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I've used the mega8 in 30lb and I like it. I used another of their's in 15lb on my beach reels but the 15 just didn't hold up well enough to abrasion so I now use minimum 20lb on my beach reels.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've used the mega8 in 30lb and I like it. I used another of their's in 15lb on my beach reels but the 15 just didn't hold up well enough to abrasion so I now use minimum 20lb on my beach reels.
would what you say about the abrasion resistance hold true even on sand and shingle as thats what im intending on using it on?

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
would what you say about the abrasion resistance hold true even on sand and shingle as thats what im intending on using it on?
I've found it worse over kelpy ground. Unfortunately not many of my local beaches are pure sand so when it did snag it almost 100% broke. Where with 20lb it would often come back with steady pressure.
The difference in casting and tide affect on even 30lb compared to 15 is so small I've stuck to the heavier braid. It'll still allow me to use 2oz grips in places that heavier mono needed 3oz+

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've found it worse over kelpy ground. Unfortunately not many of my local beaches are pure sand so when it did snag it almost 100% broke. Where with 20lb it would often come back with steady pressure.
The difference in casting and tide affect on even 30lb compared to 15 is so small I've stuck to the heavier braid. It'll still allow me to use 2oz grips in places that heavier mono needed 3oz+
Gotya bud. That makes sense. Cheers for your help mate.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I have some max thin 20 in lime green. Also find it very nice.
I did buy some of there cheap braid, 4 strand I think it was, and it is pretty thick, and I never got round to using it!
Sorry can't help more.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats no bother at all...all info is good info...cant wait for this stuff to come because if its as good as it looks its bloody cheap, and of course if its good ill let you folks know asap :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts