World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in putting posts/replies but work commitments mean fishing has been reduced.

Anyway hope your all well and onto the fishing. I went out on my kayak from just near hove lagoon on sunday in persuit of Plaice and Bream on the drift. Conditions were fine and i had some king rag and old black.

I started at around 12.30 ish and fished til 3. I paddled out to the inner jennies and drifted about 200 yards at a time. Things started slow until i found a patch that produced on almost every drift. I had lots of small bream and a small red mullet. I had a couple of bream getting up to 12oz-1lb but they were fewer than the small ones. I was using my kayak rod and a 2 hook running ledger with a size 4 and 2 hook and bright beads for added attraction. There didnt seem to be any bait preference as caught on both.

i did try and spin for mackerel and possible bass but no luck. My only gripe of the day was the jet skiers who have little regard for anyone else and seemed to think it was clever to come close to me and inside the bouys. A few times the bowel waves made it a bit ropey but i survived and had a thoroughly enjoyable day afloat.

My old man also fished out at a mark called the box (on a boat) and had a 20lb conger (a pb). All fish were returned.

Thanks

Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
nice sesh m8.

ive just got a trident 13 and must say i love the whole fishing on a kayak. got all the works, gps fishfinder etc. had some nice fish of it aswell. looking forward to the cod fishing in the solent

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Hi Craig,
nice going mate, if i had the funds and time i would be out there myself it looks damn good fun - i saw a fella out of langney Saturday night at lowtide, he was too far out to see if he was catching - tell me is all of your gear fitted with bouyancy aids in case the enevitable happened? or is everything clipped down to the Kayak?
Steve.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Nice report Craig

I used to be a jet biker myself, but I would not have hassled any other craft or swimmer out there:crazy::crazy::crazy: especially within the buoys.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice report Craig

I used to be a jet biker myself, but I would not have hassled any other craft or swimmer out there:crazy::crazy::crazy: especially within the buoys.

I know its not all of them but i would say a good 9 out of the 10 that passed me were too close. Its a shame but hey ho.

Was still a good fishing day. cheers for the feedback. If anyone is looking to head out and fish on their yaks then let me know as more then welcome to come along.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts