World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Do any of you fish from a kayak? Thinking along the lines of getting one
Is this a stable platform for lure fishing?
Looks good to just get out enough to trawl, jig and throw a plastic.
Its really due to colourd water being close in Would only be used on calm days.. I don't want to invite any unessary problems.
Had a look at the Kayak section very intresting!

Bob

·
Registered
24,893 Posts
Hi all,
Do any of you fish from a kayak? Thinking along the lines of getting one
Is this a stable platform for lure fishing?
Looks good to just get out enough to trawl, jig and throw a plastic.
Its really due to colourd water being close in Would only be used on calm days.. I don't want to invite any unessary problems.
Had a look at the Kayak section very intresting!

Bob
Not really my sort of thing,but i know a lad who goes for bass off his kayak,he makes the shore anglers and boat boys jealous of the amount of bass he catches!!!!! Some of the places he gets on the kayak are out of bounds to even the bravest rock hoppers and the bigger boats!!!!! He uses various plugs dont know there names but ive seen him come back in with some nice fish!!!! He has a set of pedals in the kayak which he uses instead of his paddle.

·
Registered
467 Posts
very stable mate exellent for chucking plastic about fantastic way to fish! and access spots others cant fish! best thing is ask on kayak angling forum someone local to you may let you try there pride and joy

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys....
any input at the moment will help, throwing plastics into dirty water and watching kayak anglers in better water, just drifting with lures is bugging me at the moment. Just opens up lots more to the imagination.
Puts you right over the rock marks you see at low tide.. ...You know there's fish there but, can't get to them after a while when the tides will past them and when you could it was dirty water.....
Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey mate,i bought a kayak last year for this very purpose,and they are perfect for plugging from! i woz out a few months ago and i drifted over shoal after shoal of bass,could see them all clearly under the kayak,had some great fun. they are great for moving in to where you want to fish silently and great for reaching them places you just cant access from the shore! the one i have is an ocean kayak,theres lots of yaks out there designed with fishing in mind
paul

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Paul...
looks like its a good idea then. I,ve seen a ocean yak, one of the latest ones prowler angler I think its kitted out quite well around £600 ish
Don't look bad considering charter hire charges.....

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts